“Great first "Hot" trip!”

El Cid Granada Country Club
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had such a wonderful time in Mazatlan, I stayed at the Granada the atmosphere was perfect! Food was most excellent, mine and my daughter's favorite al a carte was The Argentine-delicious!
Christian is the Activities Director and is top notch at what he does, he answered any questions we had and made you feel like you were at home!
Our room was very clean and if I was to say anything negative about them it would be that the beds were very hard and it would have been nice to have a couple more hooks on the wall in the bathroom.
Now I know I was being schmoozed but "Francisco Rentaria" was "The Go To Waiter" at the pool at the Castilla he made our stay so much fun!
We never had a bad meal anywhere on the resort - kudo's, not an easy thing to do for that many people.
NEVER did we feel unsafe while on the resort or in The Golden Zone.
The time share people in the lobby I could have done without however. And they didn't want to take no for an answer in The Golden Zone either but we were polite and just kept saying no gracias.
Thank-you for making my first winter holiday a positive experience, I very much would like to return to your resort in the future!
Sincerely
"My Barbie"

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank 1002MyBarbie
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Dear 1002Mybarbie

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read that you had such a memorable vacation at this your home, and enjoyed of the wonderful service given by our staff, which with their efforts creates this perfect atmosphere that you mention. In regards to the food service, facilities, and activities, we are satisfied due to we exceeded your expectations; we work hard to provide our guests memorable vacation.

We would like as well, to have you with us again very soon!!!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Granada has been our favorite but this year they have added an activities option at the pool and more time when the outdoor bar and snack area is open.
The staff continue to be the friendliest and most accomodating in Mazatlan. They are especially patient with my trying to speak Spanish.
Daniel, the manager sets the tone for friendliness and accomodation.
The rooms are large and the housekeeping staff are scrupulous at cleaning the rooms.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool on one side and the large trees with Iquanas on the other.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MZT-traveler
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear MZT-traveler

Let me thank you for sharing this encouraging review. I am very pleased to learn that you honored us again with your visit; your loyalty is much appreciated.

It give us a great pleasure to read that once more we have exceeded your stay´s expectations and that the activities program that we have added at Granada has been to your liking, from now on our guests will have entertainment, will learn while are in the pool, and will love the atmosphere of the movie nights.

We appreciate a lot your review and look forward to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great week in the El Cid complex in Mazatan. Granada was a great place to sleep or relax and read by the pool, And the pool there was just the right temperature being a little warmer than the other two pools at ElCid. And every day was a water arobics class led by Christian who made everyone there seem like family. Always a choice of 3 to 4 restaurants for meals where the staff worked hard to always make you feel you were in a classy place! Great Food with lots of choices. The nightly shows were excellent. Planning to go back, hopefully this time with the grand kids and their parents.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kenneth F
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear Kenneth F

We would like to thank you for choosing El Cid Granada to stay during your trip to Mazatlan and also for your nice and encouraging comments about us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed spending time by the pools taking classes with Christian, besides of the delicious food we offer in our restaurants a la carte and buffet; I like to read that we achieve our commitment and that we made you feel part of this big family.

All of us will be eager to pamper you and your family; I can assure you that they will have a great time with us.

It will be an honor to be of help for your next visit.

Until soon!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We had a fabulous time. The rooms were big, clean, and each room had it's own balcony. The furniture was dated, but comfortable. The room had a kitchenette, which was nice even though it was all inclusive. We liked having the mini fridge, it was the right size for us.

We had access to all of the pools, and the beach. The pools were warm, the Granada pool was quiet and wind protected. We spent most of our pool time at the Granada.

You could not be taken care of by any better staff. They made you feel wanted, and were always asking if we needed anything. They made our vacation special.

There was a variety of places to eat, I liked some better than others, the theme dinners were great.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Brenda G
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

Dear Brenda G

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments about your recent visit to El Cid Granada, and for your kind words about our facilities and service. We are glad to note that you had a memorable stay and that we met your expectations of stay.

All of us here consider our guests to be a part of our extended family and we look forward to your return. It will be our pleasure to be of service to your return.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We took our 19 month old over to Mazatlan and stayed at the El CID Granada! It was small, personable and we had great service. It was a great family resort and we were able to use the services at the Castilla, and other El Cid resorts close by. The buffet wasn't great at the Castilla but we loved the breakfast and dinner menu at the El Patio at the Granada!! Gonzalo was a great man and the activities director, Christian, was super fun and very interactive! Our room wasn't great, but always clean and was worth staying there for the service!

Room Tip: We booked adjoining rooms. The one bed suite with the king size bed and the one bedroom with the ki...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear Niki G

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful feedback. We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that your loved the excellent service provided by our staff, that you took the opportunity to visit the whole complex, and that you enjoyed of the delicious food at El Patio restaurant as well, our Food and Beverage team of that restaurant have appreciated your comments.

I will share your suggestion with the team at the Castilla hotel in regards to the buffet, continuosly they are making changes in the menu, and we hope to meet your expectations with these changes in your next visit.

I have shared your kind words to Christian and Gonzao, they are some of the many staff members that our company will recognize for the excellent job they do.

We hope to see you again very soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My 12-year old son and I returned to El Cid Resort in Mazatlan for 17 days (21 Dec '11 to 07 Jan '12) – had been here in August for 14 days – loved it so much, we decided to celebrate both Christmas and New Year’s in Mazatlan under the care of the El Cid Resort Staff. This was an excellent decision – they really outdid themselves for both of the huge banquet dinners/feasts for Christmas Eve and for New Year’s Eve.

Once again, we opted to stay at the Granada Hotel – not at the Castilla. We still prefer the Granada – all rooms have kitchenettes and the pool area is much quieter – and there are iguanas everywhere – they even swim in the pool!! However, we do spend time at the Castilla pool during the days where the activities take place – we think we have the best of both worlds!! The Castilla is much newer and is on the beach – the Granada is across a covered walkway behind it – so up to the customer which one they prefer. We like – no, we love the Granada. I noticed that several rooms were under renovation at the Granada – perhaps that is the plan – to update it over the slow months. It is more authentic and quaint just as it is – but I suppose an update couldn’t hurt either!! It proudly boasts being a 3.5 star and it is well-deserved. I should mention that all areas of the Resort are wheelchair/stroller accessible -- and there are elevators, as well.

Upon our arrival, Nestor, one of the Bell Hops, recognized us immediately from 4 months prior – and with a huge, genuine smile, he said “You came back!”. Yes – we did. It felt like "Home Away From Home". We have spoken with visitors who are at the Granada for their 25th consecutive year – that speaks for itself!!

We purchased a West Jet Vacations package which offered the option of “All Inclusive” – I wasn’t interested in cooking, nor in finding places to eat – so this fully met our needs. Our only decisions were where to eat on the resort and at what time – luxury!! Being that it was a return visit to the Resort, we knew our way around and knew what it offered. The first week, the weather was surprisingly cool – even for us hardy “Canucks”!! The breeze from the ocean was overly enthusiastic and really cooled things down. The pools and poolside areas were virtually empty – and the stores showcased warm ponchos in lieu of the usual fare of colorful swimsuits and sheer cover-ups!! The skies were quite overcast – not allowing the sun to warm things up much during the daytime. This was quite a departure from other Christmas trips to Mexico. Thankfully, things warmed up during the second week – and we were grateful for that!!

In my previous review, I failed to mention the fabulous Activities Staff -- so thought I'd be sure to mention them this time around!!

The Activities Staff at the El Cid Resort are a wonderful group of mainly fellows who are tireless in their enthusiasm and their energy. They seem to love their job and really take the time to meet the guests – and to learn more about their visitors and their home cities & countries. They are well-versed in the English language and in their general knowledge of Canada and USA -- main city names where guests are arriving from. It makes it nice for the visitors!! They are more than aware of the ‘rivalry’ between Edmonton and Calgary – especially in the area of NHL Hockey teams – even producing an Oilers jersey, and seeing the reaction of the evening/dinner show crowds!! They spend their days at and around the pool area hosting a variety of family-friendly activities. The fellows are adept at knowing the names of the children – and who belongs to whom!! They have excellent customer-service skills – without being overbearing or intrusive – a much-appreciated & much-practiced balance. In the evenings, this team hosts the Dinner Dance Show – always spectacular. On two nights, when the dancers have the night off, they do other shows that involve hilarious audience participation and other things – really enjoyable. The ones that stand-out in my mind were Enrique, Aldo, Marco – and Jonathan V., from the Teen’s Club – he spent countless hours with my son – and was so warm-hearted, talented and generous with his time and patience. My son absolutely enjoyed spending time with the Activities Staff -- and I had no worries or reservations with any of them.

Again, customer service and guest satisfaction are a priority at the El Cid Resort -- there is nothing they won't do to be of assistance. We unfailingly enjoyed the food, the service, the staff -- and were always safe and secure in the Resort. The Resort maintains an exemplary level of cleanliness and security. There are a number of little surprises that I won't divulge -- or they wouldn't be surprises, would they?? Such a great place -- I have no qualms about highly recommending this Resort to all ages and groups of guests -- it has everything to make your vacation the best that it can be.

Room Tip: Watch the iguanas in the trees from your balcony!! All rooms are wonderful & have fully-equipped...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sun_SandL0ver

Dear Sun_Sandl0ver

Thank you very much for sharing with us the wonderful vacation you enjoyed at our Hotel Granada and El Cid Resort. I appreciate your detailed review in regards to our service and facilities. We take pride in deliver to our guests a personalized service and an excellent care.
All of us at El Granada, and El Cid Resort are very happy to know that you had a wonderful experience. We're very appreciative of your positive feedback, it validates what we strive for: To ensure that every guest has a memorable experience.

Again, please accept our gratitude and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed at the Castilla last March,the year before,the Granada,does not matter to me.The El Cid complex is the complete package.I am going back again in feb. or mar.Great place,staff and waiters are superb.Customer service concierge Alejandrina Mancinas was especially helpful, she told me she was from a small town close to Mazatlan called Concordia.After a long lovely conversation with her about different things,from going to business school,learning english,to end up working in the El Cid.I was impressed and convinced ,I am coming back.Just a beautiful person.Gentle and professional.She represents the very best of Mexico

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Larry L
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear Larry L

First and foremost we extensively thank you for your preference and it takes great pleasure to have read your remarkable stay at El Cid Castilla.

El Cid resorts as always takes pride in delivering the highly recognized standards which leads to exceeding guest expectations and rewarding employees for their excellent job. We agree that Alejandrina is an asset to this company; rest assured that I will share your encouraging words with her.
Kind regards from the entire staff!!