“Kept coming back!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting here at Pancho's (across from Pueblo Bonito) on my last night in Mazatlan. This is the third time my friend and I have been here in the week we have been in town. The service here is so fantastic!! Ricardo and the crew are so friendly and so welcoming. We were surprised when they recognized us when we came back the second time, but we shouldn't have been. They welcome all of their regulars like that.

My friend and I really appreciated the free and very quick wifi available and took full advantage of it while we were in the restaurant.

The drinks were great. And the seemingly unlimited free tequila shots were outstanding. (una más, por favor). And the kahlua that comes with our check was a nice touch.

The food was even better than the alcohol! I had something different each night and everything was muy delicioso!!!!

When I am back in Mazatlan, I will be sure to make this my first stop!! Muchas gracias to all the guys there!!

1  Thank theh0tterthebetter

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The coconut shrimp is delightful. Each shrimp at least 3 bites big Excellent flavour. The tequila cheese is a great taste treat and performance. We really enjoyed it.

1  Thank baxter932
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Been here 4Days and have eaten here 3 times! I can not get enough of the fresh sea bass or dorado! The vegetables are fresh and cooked perfect! Many places in Mexico over cook vegetables and they are watery. Service is friendly and great! Have had good California wine here.

1  Thank William L
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Pancho's (across the street from Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan) is an excellent restaurant - exceptional service, nice extras, delicious food and two eating areas that offer different experiences. Eating outside is more like a typical Mexican restaurant experience - a lovely patio setting. Inside, the atmosphere is more upscale with hacienda colors on the walls, nice art work, high ceilings and lighting that makes for a lovely ambiance.
The service is wonderful - attentive but not intrusive - and they offer some nice (gratis) extras such as several sauces for the chips - a Texas caviar-type pico de gallo and a really nice salsa that is smoky and delicious. They also gave us a small tequila drink pre dinner and a post dinner kahlua type drink that was a nice way to end the meal.
I loved the marlin tacos at Arre Lulu (by La Playa) but it closed a while back, sadly. I looked for them everywhere we went but no one served them. They are not on Pancho's menu but they had another marlin dish, had the ingredients and made the marlin tacos for me. They were excellent! My husband loves queso fundito (heart attack in a bowl) and Pancho's was the best he's ever had (and he is a bit of a connoisseur of the stuff). The menu has selections that would appeal to everyone - vegetarian, seafood lover, meat lover, traditional Mexican food. We went twice on our last trip and will definitely be back many more times.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food was great and reasonably priced. The carne asada was wonderful. Desserts left a bit to be desired, but the kaulua afterwards was a nice touch