“Great pizza at marina location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Mona Marina

La Mona Marina
Ranked #107 of 401 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Irondequoit, New York
“Great pizza at marina location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We ate here on Valentines Day. There was a good amount of people and live music up on the balcony. Balloons were floating above chairs and the vibe was very happy. The pizzas are a good size - the two of us shared one and still had 2 pieces leftover. They are brick oven roasted with a thin crust. We had red sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers and cheese. It was wonderful!

My husband had a beer and I had a frozen strawberry Margarita. The beer was good and cold but my drink was a little thin and way too sweet. The only off note to the evening. We had a relaxing evening, had a little dance to the music, and enjoyed ourselves. After we paid our bill I was given a red rose with tiny daisies - what a nice surprise!

I would highly recommend the marina location for a pizza and fun night.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Daniebear

Novi, MI
“great pizza and huge servings of spaghetti”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was walking distance from our condo. Our first visit was for spaghetti and we could have all (3) eaten from the huge serving. Fortunately we had a microwave and it reheated well. The salads here were very tasty and the peanut dressing was good. I liked the blue cheese pizza, but my friends preferred the vegetarian. We took a carry out the next time after a full day of touring. Right in the marina area behind the little lighthouse (if you are on the main road or bus). Worth a visit. Nice break from the tacos and burritos.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank MItravelerwithmom
Mazatlan, Mexico
“Lied to and rude service @ El Centro location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've heard good things about the pizzas at both of the locations but have never had one myself.
I normally bring friends and guest there for their flip drink night. The location in El Centro told us after all 5 of us paid for a drink each that if we did not order anything to eat we would have to leave. This is right after we received our first drink from the waiter.
I thought there is no way this is real considering we just got there and were about to be drinking for most of the night in their restaurant. I asked what I thought was a manager if we really did have to leave just because we had wanted seafood so we ate at another restaurant before we came to drink at their and she told me it was and we should just leave.

After asking a manager at the Marina La Mona location I was told this should never happen and that they have no policy about having to eat in order to drink in their restaurant.

I'm confused and appalled by the treatment me and my guest received and will NEVER return to the El Centro location.

And the address provided is no where close to the address of either location. And its not close to the Gus Gus either.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Hostel_FunkyMonkey
Texas
“Best pizza in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is fairly small but cozy and cooks up brick oven pizza and specialties that are very good. My wife and I went there twice during out stay as we enjoyed the service as well as the food. It also is just down the way from Gug Gus which most often has live music.

Its sister reatuarant near Plazuela Machado is equally good if you are downtown.

• Visited July 2012