“Resident of Mazatlan”

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Mazatlan, Mexico
“Resident of Mazatlan”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Best Italian food we have had .....even better than some in Italy. A favorite place of locals and tourists alike here in Mazatlan. Breakfast, lunch or dinner everything is first class. The food, the waiters the atmosphere and location is great in the Golden Zone. A must place to visit when you are here. Enjoy!

Phyllis and Dr. Michael Giammatteo

Sunnyvale
“Italian Delight”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wife & I , were looking for a new place to try.....We live in Maz for 6 months.
Some friends recommended this Italian Restaurant. I also remember when it was a cafe/bakery.. Anyway , its a nice side street location , not much traffic. We sat outside and enjoyed the ambience. Clean interior- banos, also.....Wife had many ??'s about the menu.
Waiter spoke excellent english. Wife had eggplant appetizer- for dinner. I opted for the lasagna.
We were both pleasantly surprised with the food. Excellent taste.
Good portions, but not over filling. Enjoyed.....Will be back.

Mazatlan
“Cappriccio's is a good choice for dining”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a dinner at Cappricios and enjoyed it very much. There is a good choice of items on the menu at reasonable prices. The service was excellent. You can order pasta or fish, steaks etc.
The lasagna was very good. The fish filet in grape sauce was excellent, but a little sweet

Sedona, Arizona
“A PLEASANT SURPRISE”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was actually looking for the cafe/bakery that used to be in this spot a few years back (o.k. it was more like six years), but since I was there decided to stay for dinner

The new owners did a fine job with the remodel - much more spacious than before - a light airy feeling to the place. A large screen playing on one wall (thankfully with the volume low enough not to drown out conversation) vintage music concerts - Andy Williams, Engelbert Humperdink - very vintage!

Service spot on - got a drink right away - generous pour. They began with olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixed into parmesan, a bit silly that. The cheese did nothing to enhance the o-v. But the dinner rolls were very good. I had ordered the Pollo con Pistachios. The boneless chicken breast was just a bit overcooked and covered with a creamy sauce - less would have been more. But did not taste any pistachios in the sauce. Ah, there they were, mixed in with the side of spaghetti with pesto. The pasta was so good, that I had to order another side of it.

One very distracting and annoying thing about the experience there. Their POS touch screen was mounted on a pillar about five feet from the floor so every time a waiter entered an order you had to witness the operation. How much better if they lowered it onto a shelf on that pillar - I daresay it would make life easier for the servers as well. Just sayin'

1 Thank GleefulDonald
Mazatlan, Mexico
“3 visits in two weeks”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you are ready for some delicious Italian food, try this restaurant. It's very clean, has a lovely atmosphere plus nice outside seating with only a side street in front so that traffic isn't disturbing. We have eaten there three times in a short time because the food is so good. The Opera Salad is a wonderful treat and the three salads offered on one platter that can be shared, unless you want a large salad for a main dish, taste wonderful together. I have ordered the opera salad for dinner myself for a main dish but couldn't eat the entire thing myself. It's lovely to share before a meal. We love the Alfredo sauce with either chicken or if you like seafood the fruiti del mar is wonderful. They start you with some rolls and a dipping sauce made from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Parmeson cheese, which is very good. We have enjoyed all of our dinners, however, once when I had salad for dinner, my husbands chicken Alfredo was ice cold! He didn't complain or try to send it back to be heated up because he said it was so good he really didn't mind. I, on the other hand, would have requested they heat it up because I like hot food hot! We had dessert tonight, an apple strudel with ice cream and it was delicious and very, very large. Good thing we shared the Opera Salad and shared the Fruti del Mar with Alfredo sauce!! We were very full! I have also had the spaghetti Bolognse which has skirt steak instead of ground meat and I really enjoyed it. I've heard from friends the chicken with pistachio sauce is also very good, but I haven't tried it YET!! We will go back on a regular basis since we live in Mazatlan for four months a year and eat all of our meals out!!

• Visited February 2013