“Great place for breakfast and COFFEE!”
Review of La Fonda de Chalio

La Fonda de Chalio
Ranked #120 of 424 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The food is great and real Mexican however burgers are available as well. The service is good and you are right across the street from the beach. You can eat and drink while watching incoming ships and the trafic as well. You can get there by bus or by taxi or our famous red taxi trucks. I eat there about twice a week more or less and the owner is a good friend of mine. He saved his money as a waiter so he could buy this restaurant. Maybe I'll see you there some day even tho it is downtown don't let that stop you. Happy trails and a great vacation.Randi
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed nearby, and loved the breakfast here so much that we returned the next day. My husband, the coffee drinker, said it was the best coffee he'd had in years! Very friendly service, great food, and fun place to people watch.

1  Thank Charlottes_Girl

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Good guacamole, tasty tortillas and ok queso. We only had appetizers. This a great place to sit and nosh and have a few drinks and watch people on the paseo, particularly in the evening. Very friendly staff and clean bathrooms.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was staying down the block and on the first morning went looking for somewhere to have breakfast. This spot is in among a row of others but I was attracted because it seemed busier. It was full of mexican folks, families and groups. The breakfast was excellent. The spot has an open kitchen and you can see the ladies working on the meals. The restaurant is clean, the service was good (not outstanding as the waiters were generally busy), the food arrived hot and was always tasty. I ended up eating breakfast here about 5 times during the week I was in Mazatlan and I think I had something different each day. The food was really good. The price was right and service was OK. It is also facing the ocean and if you want to sit on the sidewalk part, there is a nice view.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Always been told to look where the locals eat and you will find great food. This was the case here. We arrived during carnival so the place was busy all the time from early morning till late into the night ( we don't assume this was the normal opening times), We were the tourist but we were made to feel like we were regulars. The service was fast and friendly and the food was authentic, excellent and affordable. This is a family run business run with pride and it showed. Local musician were playing every night we were there adding to the atmosphere. Even through Carnival the place was clean as were the washrooms. We would not hesitate to recommend this place to any one and we will most definitely be going back here again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

it was our first full day in mazatlan, and we decided to check out the old town and seawall...we saw many locals eating here, and decided to have lunch...we began with a pacifico and a margarita..both were thirst quenching....next we ordered the comarones-shrimp- ranchero and it came with frijoles, bread, tortillas, queso fresco, and strawberry jam...next we had the huevos mexicana with frijoles, tortillas, and bread...all were delicious....the servers were friendly, and it was a great price....excellent...and the view amazing...