“Awsome time !!!!”

Deer Island (Isla de Venados)
Ranked #19 of 103 things to do in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Amphibious vehicles take vacationers to this uninhabited island off Mazatlan for snorkeling trips and other beach activities.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a great time on Deer Island, seen dolphins on the way to the island, bananna boating was fun..definalty would do again, the island was very relaxing and listing to music that was being played..with great food and drinks

There are newer reviews for Deer Island (Isla de Venados)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went by boat to deer island and spent 4 hours lazing around suntanning and snorkeling. We were the only two on the island for the first couple of hours. Beautiful view of mazatlan. Saw over 30 types of fish including sting rays!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I got to snorkel and it was not bad! Saw lots of rays. Nice to chill out on the beach. You can buy beers and a few food items and there is a bano. We went over on the amphibian vehicle for $15 each. Also can rent umbellas and chairs.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

What a fun filled day!!! we snorkeled (first time) rode on the banana boat, had a fabulous lunch and music would defiantly recommend this trip

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I can't believe that the lack of washrooms aren't mentioned in the reviews! The bartending was great, I opted for beer out of the bottle however after seeing two cockroaches on the boat. I was the first person to use the toilet, when I finished there was a line up, I apologized for not flushing as I couldn't figure out how. A friend tried to use the washroom a while later and said the toilet was a big bowl of urine as everybody had been using it without being able to flush. There were bathrooms on the island, but half way through the trip they stopped working! The activities offered were banana boat rides and snorkling. There were some kayaks on the beach but I didn't see anybody on them. I agree with the post about bringing your own snorkle. The beach was nice and it was great to spend time on it without people trying to sell you things, but next time I'll stay near the pool with clean working facilities.