“Nice!”

Deer Island (Isla de Venados)
Ranked #17 of 103 things to do in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Amphibious vehicles take vacationers to this uninhabited island off Mazatlan for snorkeling trips and other beach activities.
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Nice!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I got to snorkel and it was not bad! Saw lots of rays. Nice to chill out on the beach. You can buy beers and a few food items and there is a bano. We went over on the amphibian vehicle for $15 each. Also can rent umbellas and chairs.

Sparta Wi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Loved this excursion”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

What a fun filled day!!! we snorkeled (first time) rode on the banana boat, had a fabulous lunch and music would defiantly recommend this trip

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice beach, but not sanitary.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I can't believe that the lack of washrooms aren't mentioned in the reviews! The bartending was great, I opted for beer out of the bottle however after seeing two cockroaches on the boat. I was the first person to use the toilet, when I finished there was a line up, I apologized for not flushing as I couldn't figure out how. A friend tried to use the washroom a while later and said the toilet was a big bowl of urine as everybody had been using it without being able to flush. There were bathrooms on the island, but half way through the trip they stopped working! The activities offered were banana boat rides and snorkling. There were some kayaks on the beach but I didn't see anybody on them. I agree with the post about bringing your own snorkle. The beach was nice and it was great to spend time on it without people trying to sell you things, but next time I'll stay near the pool with clean working facilities.

Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice Day Trip”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The island is a small little getaway perfect for couples and families alike. It was an open bar on the boat ride over and the bar tender Carlos was great and extremely attentive. There were about 20 of us on the boat which was very comfortable. Once there, we went kayaking, horseback riding, and rode on the banana boat. They serve you a decent lunch- I got the cheese quesadilla meal and the rest of my family got the chicken quesadillas and were satisfied as well.

Visited August 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice little beach and a decent meal!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Our trip was pretty fun, I'd say about 25 people on the boat, we had an awesome bar tender who would run around and make sure everyone had refreshments. Once you arrived at the beach you could banana boat, snorkel, swim, sunbathe, it was just a really nice little escape. We saw lots of little fishies in the water, and it was fairly clear. On the trip back we had some dolphins show off for us under the bow of the boat!

If you have some anxiety about bathrooms, they were reasonable, but on our trip the beach's bathroom water stopped working about halfway thru. (So if you are picky about bathrooms, be sure to go earlier... before the water runs out!)

2 Thank BeckyBeeWhoTravels