“only went once”
Review of Allegro Caffe

Allegro Caffe
Ranked #3 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Mazatlan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Allegro caffe is open daily, offering espresso drinks, natural teas and frozen drinks. Breakfast is served until 1pm, and a casual afternoon menu is available with a variety of salads and toasted or grilled sandwiches. Our signature cakes, pies and other baked goods are made in-house every day with only the freshest and best quality ingredients.Our two locations are: Zona Dorada, across from bancomer and the vineyard church.. And our shop in Centro Historico on the corner of Belisario Dominguez and Sixto Osuna, one block west of the Plazuela Machado
Reviewed April 30, 2013

For the same prices in the same neighbourhood, I will take Molika every time. But we tried Allegro to be fair but the minute I bit into my mushroom omelette, only to taste canned mushrooms, well that was it for me. I mean really, who does this! Yuk. Sorry, I couldn't get over that faux pax. No english spoken here (on that day any way) but the waiter was trying - one item at a time. 3 trips to the kitchen and we had coffee, then sugar, then cream. Then back again etc. etc. But hey, we're on vacation an yes we do have all day.

juliofreyre, Owner at Allegro Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Im sorry your experience wasn't better, there's no excuse for poor service and have taken the first steps to correcting the staffs below standard attention, on the other hand I'd like to asure you that there are no canned mushrooms in any of our pantries and in all fairness a waffles and eggs cafe isnt really in the same category as a place that serves tartar, terrine, swordfish and wine. Still I too love Molika and think is a very nice place to have lunch or dinner. Thanks again for your review, it does help to keep things on track.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We're in Mazatlan twice a year for an extended period and always start our day here with a lattee and occassionally a cookie. The staff is efficient,friendly and warmly greets us. We even have their coffee punch cards. We have not eaten a meal here, but others who have say it is delicious. When time allows next trip we will have a meal.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was very good, the fruit plate was very flavorable. The service was prompt, and the restaurant and restrooms were clean

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to the location in the Golden Zone. The first visit was absolutely amazing. We had Eggs Benny both times and the first visit they were the best (even probably beating out Water's Edge which is hard to do)! The eggs were perfectly cooked, as were the potatoes and an absolutely delicious hollandaise sauce. The next visit - everything was terrible! I order my eggs soft, they came completely hard. The potatoes were undercooked and inedible. I didn't receive a glass of water or the side of bacon that I ordered. The service was terrible and it took forever to get the bill and then our change after that. I've given it a 4 based on our first visit and will return to give it another chance. I think our second visit was just an off day.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

In March 2013 once again we went back to our Beloved Mazatlan and because our Resort didn't have a good Breakfast selection we walked out of our Resort looking for a better Breakfast and Man did we find a Gem in Allegro Caffé. Very Busy but SOOOO worth the wait, basically a rule to any establishment in Mexico is if you see a line up its Good. Allegro Caffé had Fresh squeezed OJ, Very good Coffee and Absolutely perfect Terrific Eggs Benny for 200 pesos for 2 people. on our trip we tried Eggs Benny at about 6 different places and Allegro Caffé WON for the most Wonderful Breakfast we had on our trip. Thanks guys we will come back Every time we come to Mazatlan.

3  Thank Binkyljfm