“Great Spanish food”
Review of El Aljibe de San Pedro - CLOSED

El Aljibe de San Pedro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurante de cocina internacional con un toque mediterraneo,en un ambiente unico. Amplia seleccion de vino Closed Sunday and Monday-Domingo y Lunes cerrado We don't have credit card service.No tenemos servicio de tarjeta de credito.
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This place is Supper yummy!! We had the shrimp! It was done to perfection the plum and peach sauce was wonderful. We also had the Caesar salad was fresh and delicious. The wine selection is good to. We had a wonderful bottle of Rioja wine. The service was excellent!! The food was fantastic!! Really recommend this place.

1  Thank rodolfo m
Jose P, Propietario at El Aljibe de San Pedro, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Rodorfo M,very grateful and valued comment to teamwork and especially to me, always trying to give the best.it was a pleasure.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We made our reservations via e-mail and received a confirmation from Jose. When we arrived Jose greeted us by name. There are only eight tables that seat from 4 to 6 people. Four were occupied by tourists and another filled up beside us.

John started with the tortilla soup which was delicious. I didn't have an appetizer. One of my pet peeves is when a server wants to bring my main course while John is still eating his starter. Then when John still isn't finished the server brings both our main courses. Service could be definitely improved.

We both had trouble choosing a main course. Shrimp figured heavily but dipped in a plum, peanut and peach sauce and wrapped in bacon?

I chose the ox tail stew which was tasty and quite large. The potatoes were delicious.

John was disappointed in his fajitas saying they had an odd taste like pickles.
They have a good wine list which Jose carefully decanted.
To sum up we didn't love our meal or the service but did think it would be fair to give it another try. We did think Jose was a charming host.
I received a thank you note the next day from Jose. He also responds to every review on Trip Advisor.

1  Thank geektrvlr

Dear Greektrvlr Every time I can, I thank the comments from the reviewers, especially to those that even when mistakes were made, they generously give a good review. On the other hand, I would like to point that that it is true that you were in a very busy and crowded moment, the table was not the best for a couple, unfortunately the restaurant's space is not big enough.
I think we have a different opinion regarding the service, since I felt it was good, but as you mention it, when it comes to pet peeves the points of view differ, and this case we are referring to the time between courses.
It is true that the fajitas had a different taste, they are seasoned with Spanish paprika, and its flavor might or might not like, so far no one has ever complaint about it; otherwise we would have changed it.
I believe the menu is well written, all the ingredients from each dish are specified. The bacon used in the shrimps is to keep the apricot inside and later pour the plum sauce.
Finally, I appreciate your visit to the restaurant, after all, you enjoyed very much the oxtail, and you recognized our long wine list, you also liked the wine and the tortilla soup was delicious

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Best sangria I've ever had - & that was just the beginning! There were six in our party and I kept laughing each time someone took a bite of something new. They were clearly in a very happy place!! Only warning I have for you is that you probably wont have room for dessert! They dont take credit cards, but PLEASE dont let that stop you from enjoying one of the best meals you'll ever have!

Dear DHY 53,thank you very much for your sincere comment that gives joy and really wanted to meet in El Aljibe.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have been going to Mazatlan for a winter vacation for 13 years. This was the first time that we ate at El Aljibe and it is now my second favorite restaurant in Mazatlan. It's located about two blocks from the Plaza Machado and about 1/2 block from Topolo's.

The restaurant is quite small so if you don't have reservations you will probably not get in. The ambience of the place is indescribable. It's like eating in a decorated cave.

Since there were 5 of us we were able to experiment a little. The catch of the day was good(the sauce was excellent), The Oxtail Stew was excellent - three big pieces of meat, Carne Asada was very good and the spaghetti was good.

I will recommend this restaurant because the food is good and it's like no place you have ever eaten before.

1  Thank DesertRobin
Jose P, Propietario at El Aljibe de San Pedro, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear DesrtRovin.Thank you very much for your input and especially narrow your meal, justifying your stay and contribution over the place. It was my pleasure.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Everywhere you look there is an antique, which makes the restauran't atmosphere a bit surreal. The owner's personal attention does not limit itself to the service, but also to answering questions about the decoration, origin of each piece, and the building itself.
On the many times I've been to the restaurant I have never had a disappointing experience with the food, and much less the wine. DO ask the owner, Jose, for his recommendations pairing your dish with an excellent Rioja wine, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Each plate is wonderfully presented and portions are of a GOOD size, with surprising sauces.
If you want an awesome dining experience look no further.

1  Thank CACHERIVERAG

Dear Cacheriverag,Very grateful for your generous contribution to my place and as a person, so important to improve.