“A Breakfast Here”

Looney Bean Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Mazatlan
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee Roasters offering Espresso, Coffee by the cup or pound, Fresh Baked Goods made on site, Smoothies, Juices, Frappes, Full Breakfasts (American and Mexcian), Light Lunches (both locations) and Light Dinners (Olas Altas location only.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I came in this morning for breakfast, as I had a few times before (the egg sandwich is pretty good) and it has the closest thing to ice coffee I could find here (though just a shot of espresso on ice with water). First of all; this place is really expensive as it is. Second of all, I came in and gave the guy a 200 peso note and he gave me the WRONG change; I didn't notice it at first and proceeded to sit down and work on my laptop; I then after a few, dug into my pocket and noticed he gave me 100 peso short. He would NOT give me back the correct change! I know I should have counted immediately; but I have worked in numerous restaurants in my life, and you don't just 'not' remember or not look at what a customer hands you. He claimed he had no recollection of the amount I handed him.

Otherwise, Location: Stunning. Food: OK, but very expensive. Coffee: Espresso shot with water on top, no brew. Customer Service: Terrible.

Shelley L, Manager at Looney Bean Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We are so sorry that you had a negative experience in our Coffee Shop this July. Because I was not there I cannot comment on what happened but we will gladly refund you the 100 pesos. If you are still in Mazatlan we can arrange to get the money to you. If you have returned to the US or Canada (or elsewhere in the world) we can send you the equivalent in dollars. Because of this incident we will review with our employees the proper way to handle situations like this as well as retrain them on how to check the cash register to see how much money was exchanged. Again please accept our apologies for your experience. You can contact us at mexadales@yahoo.com to coordinate the refund.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Lemonade was awesome & safe to drink. Many, many coffee drinks available. Tortilla soup was also fantastic. Friendly, helpful staff many of whom speak English.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Bought whole coffee beans, have great treats and even t shirts
friendly staff, all fluent in english

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Short walk from Riu and good coffee. Specialty coffee as well. Lots of local expats or snow birds in and out all day long.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Looney Beans has it all; great freshly ground Mexican coffee; the world's best muffins and pastries, original and yummy breakfasts and the best ambiance anywhere. Tom and Heidi have created a unique place for visiting gringos and locals to enjoy great coffee, chat, mingle and meet new friends. Community minded citizens, Tom and Heidi participate in a number of charitable activities and do a tremendous amount of work with those in need. Looney Beans is must when visiting Mazatlan either in Olas Altas or Cerritos; come and enjoy!

1  Thank Ontario_CanadaSue