“Will come back to Mazatlan to eat here again!”

Water's Edge Bistro
Ranked #36 of 413 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Water's Edge Bistro located in the heart of Centro Historico on the corner of Ninos Heroes and Sixto Osuna just 2 blocks from the Plaza Machado. Come and enjoy fantastic food in a beautifully restored historical property. Chef Alastair and his culinary team has created a wonderful, eclectic menu with a variety of fresh daily specials. We are dedicated to serving only the best food using the freshest, most sustainable ingredients. We would love to see you soon!
Canim Lake, British Columbia, Canada
“Will come back to Mazatlan to eat here again!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed at the Casa Lucila Hotel April 5th to 12th, and after trying the restaurant The Waters Edge, decided to eat there exclusively for the duration of the trip. This was my second trip to Mazatlan, and first time around, I spent most of the time disapointed, corn bread or corn tortillas everywhere, and since I do not like corn flour, I was hungry most of my trip. This time I found the Water's Edge - thank you Waters Edge for keeping me well fed and happy!!! First of all - they offer Eggs and Bacon with real toast and potatoes - traditional American breakfast we all enjoy, especially when away from home.
For lunch, I have tried the dumplings flatbread and all shrimp dishes on the menu - loved everything, which surprised me since I am very picky eater, and not very adventurous with flavours, but I loved everything.
And for dinner, mmmm - if you are only planning to go once - you must have the steak fillet - I had the steak 3 of 7 nights we stayed there, Perfection is all I have to say!!
If you are in town on Wednesdays when they have the Prime Rib, you must have the dish! Melts in your mouth! Looooooved it. And catch of the day, I had a chance to try mahi mahi and swordfish, and both were excellent - cannot say which was better, and both were fish I have not had before! So much for not experimenting! This restaurant has made me want to go out and try more new dishes.
In short would definitely recommend!
As a bonus, staff at the restaurant are extremely nice and polite, speak perfect english, and also process Canadian Credit Cards no problem (I have a VISA from CIBC, with the Chip - worked no problem). Staff was extremely attentive and I was not left waiting for anything even for a second!
Can't wait to go back to Mexico so I can eat there again!

• Visited April 2013

peachland, bc
“Nice for a special occasion”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very pretty setting with indoor and outdoor seating. Beautiful view of the bay. Very tasty dishes with a fusion sort of feel.
Good service. Live music - check to see when its on.

Visited March 2013
Seattle
“Beautiful View with Great Food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband made reservations here for a 'date night,' and I thought it was going to be a stuffy, overpriced tourist spot. On the contrary, this place had amazing food and it was very reasonably priced! We were able to enjoy a couple appetizers and an entree each with the total coming just over $300 pesos. The cuisine also reflects a seaside/asian-inspired palate with some unique dishes. The tamari prawns were our favorite.

We sat outside and the view was spectacular. There weren't too many people there at 6, but it got pretty busy just before the sun went down at 7:30 or so. I think it's a popular drink spot too.

Definitely a place we'll come back to!

seattle
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was different but equal in quality to our dinner at Topolo. It's very small, so make a reservation! It was too cold to eat outside the night we were there, but would have been nice with the moon over the ocean. Our service was great! Good margaritas, and the best wine I've had in Mexico (Australian). We shared a Summer Salad, which was delicious. We both had the Cuban Prawn Bowl, which was excellent, very tasty, and nicely cooked shrimp. I will definietly go back next trip-the only reason we didn't return on this one was the distance from our resort, and the smallish menu.

Vancouver, Canada
“Don't Miss It!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

,My husband and I went to Waters Edge for dinner on the final evening of a recent trip to Mazatlan and we loved it.

When we arrived, (about 6pm in order to see the sunset!) we were the only ones in the restaurant and I usually find this to be quite off-putting!. But the young staff were great and friendly and suggested we take our pre dinner drinks onto the outside deck to watch the sunset which we did. It was a spectacular sunset!

We moved back inside for dinner and to listen to the excellent guitar player and a little later we were joined by a few more diners.

The owner came by to chat for a few minutes and the food was delicious and cooked beautifully and the portions just about the right size.

We were also pleasantly surprised by the price. A shared starter, 2 entrees, a shared dessert plus 2 margaritas and 2 glasses of wine for just over 600pesos. Wow!