“a little taste of home”

Nando's Pizza
Ranked #67 of 407 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Culiacan, Mexico
“a little taste of home”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very good pizza. we ordered the chicago style deep dish, meat lover's. Although it wasn't quite like chicago pizza (we're from chicago) it was very tasty. Besides, let's be real, no pizza outside of chicago claiming to be 'chicago style" ever hits the mark. the pizza was cooked well, had PLENTY of toppings and cheese. the staff was friendly, and the atmosphere reminded us of home a bit (if you can ignore the palm trees). i will certainly return.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank BudgetBeachTraveler

South Carolina
“Don't Get Onion Rings + Pizza at Nando's!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Husband & I went to Nando's based on Trip Advisor reviews, and we were disappointed. We got onion rings as an appetizer followed by a deep dish pepperoni lover's pizza. The onion rings were undercooked, but my husband ate them anyway. I thought the pizza was okay, but my husband's stomach was upset after eating at Nando's. Perhaps the thin crust is better, but we expected a "Chicago pizza" would be best as a deep dish. Although the service was excellent, we will not eat at Nando's again. I think it's better to enjoy shrimp while at Mazatlan!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Savannah6
Adlkofen, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza in Mazatlan (That we had)”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great crust, great sauce, generous toppings! We ate at a few different spots - wife is a vegitarian. Nando's was a great pizza.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ewqlkdjfw
Minneapolis
“Beware of the Peppers!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We lost track of time and before we knew it, it was after 9pm and most restaurants in walking distance were already closed (the Place, Three Amigos and Oceano Palace) so we decided to give Nando's a try. I'm so glad we did...I've never laughed so hard in my life!! We sat outside and it was a little dark. I remember commenting that the (dried) peppers on the table looked really good. The pizza came and they put it on a rather high stand in the middle of the table. It was a little hard to reach and the pizza hadn't been cut very good so it was a bit of a challenge to get a piece. The pizza was very good but I had to try to the peppers. Within a minute or two my eyes started watering, then my nose started running and it dawned on me that it was the peppers! I have never eaten anything hot enough to my my face water like that which I found to be hilarious! So now I'm laughing so hard that I can't talk, my face is beet red, my nose and eyes are still running like faucets and all I can think is "That's a dirty trick"!! LOL! I was hoping they had cameras to catch all of this because I would've loved to see it!! Give Nando's a try, just beware of the peppers!! =)

For the record I have every intention of using the peppers again but I will make sure I have light to see how much I'm putting on and I think I will out it my hand first to be safe (I suppose my hand will burn and start to sweat!! ha-ha! )

• Visited February 2012
Mazatlan
“Genuine Chicago Deep Dish - but just not a great restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Heard about this place for a while, so we finally went.

Had a deep dish pizza with pepperoni, Italian sausage and sun-dried tomatoes. The pepperoni lacked flavor, the sausage was pretty good and had been broken up into small crumbles, which I like and the tomatoes were also in small pieces which is the only way to enjoy them on a pizza. The sauce was good and there was enough of it. The crust was uneventful. The cheese was good but very stringy. For some reason, the kitchen felt compelled to sprinkle non-melting Parmesan over the pizza before serving. It ruined the appearance and detracted from the otherwise good cheeses.

Service was a joke. The young girl spoke so softly that there was nothing she said that didn't have to be repeated twice or three times. She painfully slowly wrote down our order--you'd have thought she was writing a novel. She left to turn in the ticket and immediately returned to ask us what we had ordered. Huh? This scene was repeated the entire visit. It truly wore me out.

There was no management or owner to be seen. The nice parking space in front by the front door was unusable because of the large portable sign someone chose to put there instead this day. The air conditioning was on and it was freezing inside. The TV was on, but instead of listening to the TV, there was some funk jazz playing -- too loud and very annoying.

Pizza takes a long time to arrive. It is placed atop this custom wooden pizza caddy that serves as the condiment holder. It is ingenious in its design, but unfortunately with the booth seats being so low, the pizza ends up so high that you cannot see what you are doing when cutting a slice. I am 5' 6" and my son is a couple of inches taller. We both commented what a poor design it was.

Pluses - it is the only restaurant serving true Chicago style deep dish pizza in town.

Minuses - horrible service, lack of thought in so many areas, very expensive (our pizza was 230 pesos)

There are better pizzas in town - La Mona and Pizza Moreno or Villa Italia come to mind. But if you have to have Chicago deep dish - this is your place.

• Visited May 2012