Let's skip to the end:
Resort: Big; clean; quiet adult pool with swim up bar; pool for the kids with food and games and another swim up bar. Rooms are nice not great and kitchen is a partial, no mistaking that. Breakfast and lunch a breeze, dinner a bit of a challege. Resort is expensive. If part of your motivation is to save money for fun stuff, you can dine off site and save some bucks. Each dinner at the resort ran us over $100 for two. Everyday there are happy hours 2 for 1 specials. However, the price for the first one is HIGH.
The Spa is beautiful and gym is GREAT! The Spa will cost ya but the gym is free.
There is only dial up internet in certain buildings. We were in building 18, room 1842. FABULOUS ocean view and at end of the resort. Carts can be called and pick you up if you don't want to walk. We walked everywhere.
If you want to take the tour/presentation, there is NO pressure. RCI members get $100 (because "we can come anytime through quick escapes, exchanges they said). All others $200. You get a credit voucher that you present at CHECK OUT and a credit on your bill. It was that easy. Ask for Gustavo to be your presenter - F A B U L O U S, knowledgeable and funny. We wanted to be in and out in 90 minutes and he stayed true. We then hung out with him for a couple more hours for fun.
Shopping -- We did see people walk to but we drove there in 5 minutes-- The closest strip mall. No not strippers! A strip of a mall with great souvineir prices and an American coffee shop with great food and yes, coffees! Why do I say "American", because that is where Thomas and Heidi are from. They also offer their phone to call back to the States for F R E E. Just ask for the phone, dial the area code and number and talk away while enjoying your coffee.
Kelly's bike shop. Yep, rent quality road and moutain bikes with all the gear for cheap and even go on a ride with the owner.
Kelly's Massages - don't go. Have a coffee at Thomas' and then have a massage next door. $20 per hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan