My wife and I just returned from a trip to Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. If you are looking for an upscale, exciting Mexican vacation....do NOT go to Emerald Bay. The pictures do portray the hotel as it truly is, however, there is something missing from making this place anything but average. Our stay was very underwhelming. The food was average, the drinks weak (unless you watched them), there were a million bees near the pool, and, worst of all, if you decide to take the "tour" (sales pitch), plan on being totally annoyed. I would have rather sat for two hours listening to a used car salesman sell me a Pinto. Where do they find these timeshare salespeople? I needed to shower after going through this one-on-one presentation because it was so dirty. He actually was outwardly angry at us for politely declining the purchases when we told him from the start that we were just curious about the timeshare business as we had never been to one before. He encouraged us to buy the timeshare with our credit card and then scam our family and friends into getting rooms in other cities through our ownership. Who does that?
Although many of these reviews made us very excited for this trip, we were ultimatley let down. We spoke to many other people, young and old, who felt the same way.
Bottom line, you get what you pay for. There is a reason that Mazatlan is less expensive that other Mexican vacation spots. It will probably be better in 20 years. My new rule of thumb, if American or United Airlines don't fly to a city, there must not be a demand for it.
Again, the hotel is beautiful, but almost in that DisneyWorld fake kind of way. DisneyWorld, however, can get away with it...Mazatlan can't!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan