We have gone to this resort before and booked again to go with another couple. 7 months ago, we sent a request for a top floor in a specific building. Got an email back saying that's no problem. When we checked in, they had no top floor, and no rooms in our requested building. We ended up on the second floor, my balcony eclipsed by a tree. The other couple could see the back of the building in front. We booked for two weeks, and I asked 3 separate times during our stay to be moved. We were told there weren't any rooms. Really?? The place was almost empty the second week. Not one top or third floor room in any building?? Not likely. So disappointed. We went there because of the views. The view from our room made me wish we'd gone somewhere else. Since our room got hardly any sun, it was really muggy and humid. The other couple with us had bugs all over their kitchen. They had the hotel spray it 3 times. Still no new rooms. Waste of money for us. Wish anyone would have been apologetic at all. The buffets were ok, but nothing special. Some of the theme nights are plated, and if we hadn't been all inclusive, it would have been a waste of money. The food at the bistro was good, but somewhat inconsistent. Some things came out with some toppings one day and different ones the next. Cilantro's in town was good also. Our cleaning lady, Fabiola, was great. Always friendly and cheerful.
At the pool, Angel was a good server, and Jesus was fantastic. We had a few others that would consistently forget stuff.
Booked a fishing trip on the resort, (the salesman, Victor, walks around the pool area). The fishing trip was not as nice as Victor will have you believe.
At breakfast, when I asked to have two bottles of water to go, Ramon jumped down my throat, asking how many in my room. I know you have to protect the AI from the non AI, but 2 bottles of water at the start of the day??? Settle down Ramon. I went out of my way to sit in anyone else's section from that day forward. Some servers were amazing. The Omelet station was fantastic. She is good at what she does.
Overall, this experience was nowhere near my first trip. I will not be raving this time. I do not think I'll return, mainly because over the two weeks, they could not find us any other room at all. Despite our complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan