We have stayed at this resort six times now. We enjoy November and a chance to get away from the colder nights but we have also tried January (too cool) and this time late April into May. This was also a good time with the temperature warming up each day. Check-in and out is always efficient. A little more wait these days since the resort has grown but still acceptable. The grounds are always well kept. There are three pools from which to chooses. One is for adults only but try the endless main pool. The pool and the view that goes with it are great. There is a shuttle bus that goes into town each hour and returns on the half hour. Try some of the local restaurants. We especially like Poncho's right across the street from where they drop you off. There are a couple of small restaurants nearby that look over the setting sun over the ocean. A great way to enjoy your dinner.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. Many have a veranda where you may sit looking over the ocean and enjoy your breakfast or read a book. The beach is not a swimming beach but the resort is located on a large cove-like area so you can see down the beach in both directions. As with most of the resorts in this area there are scheduled activities that range from beach volleyball to board games. Buy a ceramic buy the pool and they will give you the paint to decorate it and then overnight, "finish" it for you to make it look good. When you pick it up the next day it has a plastic-like coating over it.
Stay at the resort, take a tour, go fishing or go shopping in town. It's all good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan