Arrived the day of their Independence Holiday. I'll never do that again. The bus from the airport could not get up the driveway due to the patrons arriving by car. So, we had to drag out suitcases up the driveway to the bell boys. The check in was chaotic and noisy. So many people. We had scheduled a junior suite, but due to the number of people there, they upgraded us to a one bedroom with two bathrooms. This was great. We learned later that they had gone from 30% occupancy to 100% occupancy. The place was packed for the Sat. Sun. and Monday holiday. So many people with children and gramma along to watch them.
The resort is beautiful and is my favorite place to stay. I felt sorry for the work staff because the guests were demanding and noisy to them. I appreciate the hard work that these workers do on very little money.
After most of the people left on Monday, the place resorted to a nice pace and less screaming children and less diapers in the pool. The Bistro pool area was our favorite since it was quiet and very little people. The rain started then, but they staff maintained the overflow quite nicely. This went on for 3 days. I was thinking I'd go home with less tan than I had arrived with. Can't complain about the rain when the temperature was in the high 80's.
We spent two weeks here and enjoyed the sister city in town. We just love the beach there and the playing in the surf. A great place to swim and ride the waves. On several days, we were the only ones under a palapa and enjoying the day. Our waiter was so attentive and we have seen him there for many years. Sorry, I forgot his name. We opted for the all inclusive and think this was a good idea. We don't usually eat that much, but liked the convenience of just eating whenever and whatever. Mimosa's for breakfast are great.
I am a loyal Emerald Bay visitor. This year we finally purchased there. So, I will get to go back from now on. It is worth the wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan