This resort far exceeded my expectations-I loved it! I had never been to an all-inclusive before and wasn't sure that was my thing. Again-loved it. All the food was delicious. The only buffet was breakfast, all other meals were served and ordered off the menus.
My visit was the last week in May-very very quiet there as this is their off season. I loved that too. The weather was perfect. Low 80's during the day and low 70's at night. Slept with my top floor terrace door open to the waves. It's very safe and secure at PB.
I never visited the main pool as it was more of a party type atmosphere with music and such. Although, still allot of chairs available! Visited the adult pool one day, but most mingled around the bar and the busy server did not come out to the chairs. Had to order and then take my drink out myself.
Then I discovered the wonderful quiet, warm, large pool at the Bistro. I spent all the rest of my days there. Nice restaurant there for lunch or dinner. Pool service was provided for drinks and usually there were only 2 or 3 other couples or families there. Very quiet and peaceful. I strolled down the quiet empty beach picking up pretty shells to arrive there. All areas are so extremely clean and well cared for. The water must be salt as it is so soft,clear, and warm.
Yes, I am glad I did the time share 90 min presentation. In return I received 3 spa visits for the price of one , discounted to $45 and the $150 resort credit. I paid only $39 on my departure. It was great paying for everything up front and no surprises upon leaving.
There were two restaurants available and Kelly's bar. On Tuesday and Friday evenings Raphael Rodriguez plays great music at Kelly's. Because he was so good, I went to see him again at another venue at the Marina. Taxi was only $7. I met up with expats there who are living the good, inexpensive life in Mazatlan and loving it.
In fact Mazatlan itself was a wonderful surprise! It was not even in my top 25 places to visit-but it is now. I fortunately won 3 nights at Pueblo Bonito and added a couple more on my own plus the all inclusive option. I did the math after I received my final bill, and the AI option was very worth it. I've visited many other places in Mexico, but Mazatlan is still small, but large enough to have all the amenities.
I used the free shuttle and visited the other resort one evening for dinner at Angelo's. Best meal of the trip! Using this shuttle also get's you much closer to town if you'd like to visit. I enjoyed staying further out due to the peace and quiet.
I stayed in a Junior Suite which was more than adequate for my solo visit. It had a kitchenette that I only used to make morning coffee. I had a lovely terrace where I watched the sunset every evening. I had a tour of the other rooms and villas. A master suite would be perfect for a couple, although the one I saw did not have a terrace-only windows that opened to the sea. A master and junior suite can be connected. The villas are to die for with their own private pools, bedrooms with private baths-but no ocean view. The spa is lovely.
Would I go again? I certainly hope too! All the staff were friendly, polite, and happy. Service was extremely good.
From what I could see, Emerald Bay is by far the nicest resort in Mazatlan. Plus no beach peddlers. I'd now like to look into affordable retirement options in Mazatlan myself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan