I had a very negative experience at PB Emerald Bay recently (May 24-28 2013) and it really boiled down to customer service. I had prepaid my stay several weeks ahead of time through Orbitz ahead of time to avoid the hassle. Upon check-in, the receptionist who helped me (I believe Esmeralda was her name on her badge) never once smiled or greeted me. I informed her that I was checking in and that I had a reservation. She quickly looked through a drawer and could not find me. I informed her that I had prepaid through Orbitz and offered a copy of my confirmation and travel itinerary. She then asked if I could email her a copy to which I did on the spot. She again looked through the drawer and couldn't find me. I asked what the problem was and was told that the gal who did the reservations doesn't work on the weekends and that I would have to wait till Monday. It was Saturday and I thought what am I going to do. I informed her politely that I had just given her both an email and printed copy of my reservation with a hotel confirmation number. She stated that was sufficient and that if I wanted to stay I would have to pay $4000 pesos and with that I began to become upset. I asked, "so you mean to tell me that no one on the weekend can access reservations because the one person who handles them is out of the office" and with a stern look was told that was the case. Now believe me that there was no miscommunication because I am a native born Mexican citizen and speak Spanish fluently but live in Washington State. I offered to call Orbitz from phone and was told that was unnecessary since again the gal who does reservations in not in till Monday. I had the option to leave or pay $4000 pesos. The reason I was charged the $4000 pesos is because I don't travel with Credit Cards and is why I prepaid in the first place. So I had no other option but to pay $4000 on my debit card which they state was a hold but hold or charge the funds were unavailable to me after that point. When I got to my room I called Orbitz and they informed me the reservation was emailed 3 weeks prior and gave me the email address it was emailed to. Then I was put on hold and the Orbitz rep called three times to the hotel but no one was answering the phone. I had to call downstairs and let them know Orbitz was calling. The rep from Orbitz informed them that everything was paid in full and offered to email the information to a different address since she got the same story that the gal who does reservations was out till Monday. They did not want another email (front desk at PB) and my rep from Orbitz apologized on behalf of PB and put me on top priority for Monday. On Monday I went downstairs and again (no smiles or greeting from the receptionist staff) and asked to talk to a supervisor. And guess what, they did not give me a name or phone number, all I was told that he was not in. I actually had to get the name from the time share reps which I thought was crazy. I found out later on Monday that my reservation was found but had to wait till the end of my staff for a refund. I asked to see my reservation and I find that someone else's receipt for 2000 pesos was stapled to my reservation and mine for 4000 was stapled to someone elses. The hotel itself was clean and the staff next to the pool was cheerful and very helpful. I cannot say the same for the front office and their poor customer service. I have stayed at PB Sunset Beach, Rose, and Blanco in Cabo and never have had such poor customer service. I will be returning to the CID Marina for all my future Mazatlan stays which is six times a years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan