There are a number of negative reviews about this place, so I thought it might be helpful to give my view since I stayed there last week.
Overall, this is a terrific choice for what it is and that is a condo right on the best beach in Mazatlan. This is NOT a "resort hotel" if that is what you are looking for, i.e. a concierge to book everything for you, tons of activities (i.e. an activities desk) onsite, this is not for you.
1. Best beach. It is private and beautiful.
2. The private palapa's are a great place to nap or read a book right on the beach. The beach is well maintained, groomed every morning. There is an attendant who will set you up (no charge).
3. Very peaceful and quiet. This is about 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the bars.
4. Nice pools (there are two--one warm and one cold for the Canadians).
5. Walking distance to a number of restaurants (Playa Bruja).
6. Nice units, ours had two bedrooms and two baths, tile, granite, etc. with washer dryer.
7. Great value.
8. Very good onsite restaurant that recently added a little "room" directly on the beach and commanding of amazing direct ocean views.
1. This is NOT where you want to stay to "party". Many of the residents (owners) are older.
2. Some of the units are starting to show their age if they haven't been updated yet.
Net net, is that this is not an "ultra luxury" property but it is very nice. Stay here with confidence.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Costa Bonita Condominium & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Bonita Condominium And Beach Resort
- Costa Bonita Condominium & Beach Hotel Mazatlan