All reviews perfect hosts yogurt recommend renting a car every morning boutique hotel comfortable rooms pool area hot tub ray leanne surfed vacation taxis mexico relaxation
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nowhere in Mazatlan will you find a relaxing paradise like EL SOL LA VIDA. We stayed at our timeshare for 5 days prior and by the time I got to El sol, I was stressed!
Ray and Linda make their beautiful place , your personal home. Private pool, private beach. unbelievable value I recommend this place for honeymooners, weddings, or just a romantic private getaway.

Room tip: kokopelli is the biggest room, two beds and a private balcony
1  Thank Mepps W
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Amazing, unique, beautiful, fun, and relaxing are all words that I would use to describe my experience at El Sol la Vida. My partner and I spent 9 glorious days at this B&B. Ray and Linda, the owners, were incredible, welcoming, warm, and a lot of fun. They were one of the main reasons that made our trip so special.

The property itself is tranquil and inviting. It has a lovely garden, a fantastic pool, and breathtaking views of the sea. There is a café next door, which was closed during our visit; however, it will open its doors again this autumn. Ray and Linda’s daughter runs it, and I would imagine if she’s anything like Linda in the Kitchen, the place will offer deliciously scrumptious meals.

Our room was perfect. The bed was extremely comfy, the A/C worked well, the bathroom was spacious, the balcony was charming, and the décor was tastefully done. They do a great job in keeping it super clean.

I would recommend this place to people wanting to relax and rejuvenate. I would not recommend this place to people wanting to party.

We can’t wait for our next visit!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TravelGuy_0000001
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I havebeen traveling in Mexico for several years, me, been mexican know pretty much everything that Mexico has to offer.My husband, been Swiss, is in his constant pursue of the real mexican hidden jewel. I have to say that El Sol la Vida, has been the best experience we have had so far in Mexico. We had been in good hotels in Mazatlan before, we booked a night in El Sol la vida with poor expectations, but after 3mn of arriving we looked at each other and said.....yes....we found the hidden jewel. Away from the noise, traffic and crazy party, this b&b offered us an invigorating, refreshing experience. Linda and Ray are great hosts, they brought me back to the reason we are still here in Mexico, a beautifull place to live a dream.

2  Thank Meliza34
Reviewed July 15, 2013

From the time Ray picked us up until we left, I had a wonderful time. We were truly made to feel at home and Ray and Linda's beautiful house and garden, along with their great breakfasts, were the best part of the vacation. Two thumbs up – I definitely want to go back.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Vincent A
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Such a warm welcome from Ray, Linda and Leanne. Thank you for all your help planning our beautiful wedding in your paradise. The rooms are beautiful we the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! A true place to relax, with plenty to do nearby. Could have stayed forever. Thank you

Room tip: We had the sunrise suit which had a great private balcony, but all of the rooms are lovely
Date of stay: May 2013