$71
$65
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$188
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$107
$76
Bookit.com
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
$91
  • Beachfront
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$118
$109
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$65
$59
Hotels.com
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$127
$499
$380
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
All reviewsyogurtwonderful hostshuevos rancherosthree nightsrecommend elprivate beachrelaxing vacationrayleannesurfedoceantaxisaccommodationsrelaxationcentro
Reviewed March 24, 2013

What can I say about El Sol la Vida that has not been said before, Linda and Ray go way beyond what is expected of hosts and make your stay memorable, welcoming and unforgetable. As previous guests have said the hotel is spotless, the room fabulous and the beds are amazing. Each morning when you go to breakfast the view of the ocean is breath-taking and you can sit for hours enjoying the tranquilty, watch the oyster catchers at work and hear them singing as they gather their catch, just magic. Every evening you can enjoy the sunset, lighting the sky with its memorable colours what a joy.
Every guest is treated as a member of the family and as previously said this beachfront B&B is an absolute jewel. We will be back as El Sol la Vida has stolen a place in our hearts making us want to return.

Room Tip: Would not be disappointed with any of the rooms, they are all to a high standard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EssexChalky
SunandLife, Owner at El Sol La Vida, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your review! We truly enjoyed your company, and look forward to your return visit. All the Best! Ray Linda Leanne & staff at El Sol La Vida.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

What can I say about El Sol La Vida that hasn't already been written? First of all, your hosts Linda and Ray, and Chef Leanne are jewels unto themselves. You'll feel welcome and treated like family, without any hovering. Ray picked us up at the airport, and brought us to this beachfront beautiful jewel... While the photos are gorgeous, nothing can convey the calmness, energy, and serenity of the inn and the ocean without actually being there. Almost lured to the most comfortable bed ever after "check in" (there is no checking in! just hugs!) and shower, we could not resist the 70's themed party going on at the Surf's Up Cafe restaurant. Leanne was aware that I am vegan, and made the tastiest special dishes for me all week. Speaking of a week, not long enough. Seriously. Linda arranged in room massages, shopping trips, and Ray brought us to a charming nearby town (not a tourist town). Leanne brought up to the Machado one evening. You really do feel like long lost friends with everyone there. Enjoy the pool, the private beach, the food at the Surf's Up Cafe- but most of all enjoy the hospitality. Stay awhile. I'll be back for two weeks next time. Hopefully soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunrise Suite. Sunrise over the Sierras, sunsets over the Pacific. But got a tour and all the rooms are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryanne A
SunandLife, Owner at El Sol La Vida, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Hi Guys, thank you for writing a great review! It was brilliant hanging out with you, talking about music & art around the bar in the evenings, it was cool we became such close friends in such a short time!!! Still hate goodbyes at the airport, look forward to your return!!! Cheers And All The Best from Ray Linda Leanne & staff at El Sol La Vida & Surfs Up Cafe Thank You!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I won a trip to Mazatlan Mexico for 2 at my staff Christmas party, i had no idea what to expect as it was my first time in Mexico. Ray and his family made my stay better than i could have imagined. The room was amazing,always kept spotless, king sized beds, Canadian cable and nice Samsung HD t.v.'s. The veiw of the ocean and the shoreline was amazing. i have never seen a more beautiful sunset in my life. I was a complete stranger to Ray and he treated me like family. Nothing but love for the El Sol La Vida resort!!! it accomodates all ages, weather your looking to party, or enjoy some nice relaxation time by the beach, this resort can offer it all. The beautiful resort and scenery combined with the hospitality won me over. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up and i may be back in the late to near future, as my friend Garret returned 3 weeks later for more good times! Thanks again to Ray, and his family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike N
SunandLife, Owner at El Sol La Vida, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Cheers for taking the time to write a glowing review Mate! Glad you had a great time we aim to please, hope see you again, All The Best Ray & all at El Sol La Vida, and Surf's Up

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I loved the way we were treated by the owners. We were able to check in super early (like 9am) so it made all the difference on how we enjoyed our first day of vacation. Starting it right made it all right. The B&B is removed from the action, so plan on renting a car to make it more convenient. The owners gave us a ride a few times, but we didn't want to impose so we started taking cabs and buses, it got expensive after a while. Next time we visit (we plan to go back there) we will rent a car. The place is very clean, cute and romantic. You step out of the hotel right to a beautiful clean sandy beach, where you can lie down on the sand or on a lounge. At night, you can leave the balcony doors open and let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep. An amazing experience, highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Imelda B

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us, looking forward to seeing you again soon, Cheers and All The Best. Ray, Linda, Leanne & all the staff at El Sol La Vida and Surf's Up Caf'e!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you love serenity, peace, beauty, respite, relaxing, generosity, and kindness you will love El Sol La Vida and Ray and Linda who make it so. They are "the life" of El Sol La Vida. My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful time there. The place itself is gorgeous and removed from the hustle, bustle and noise of the world. It is as though you have your own villa right on the beach. Every day was so restorative to our souls.
Our room was elegant and the bed so comfortable. The meals at the Surf's Up Cafe next door were excellent. Leanne creates the most wonderful dishes you will ever hope to eat. My husband thought the omelet called the Buffy was the best omelet he'd ever eaten in his life! I can't describe it's uniqueness. You'll have to experience it.
I do not have enough words to express how pleased we were with this vacation. We will definitely go back. We will definitely tell others, though I'm tempted, as one other guest said, to keep this to myself. Ray and Linda are excellent hosts, wonderful, gracious, kind and fun people. They are a delight and El Sol La Vida is a slice of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nancy K

Thank you so much for choosing El Sol La Vida for your vacation destination and your much appreciated review! it was truly a pleasure having you stay with us, and look forward to our "race on the beach" when you return!!! Cheers & All The Very Best, Ray Linda Leanne and all the staff at El Sol La Vida and Surf's Up Caf'e!