$70
$65
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$213
$188
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$118
$109
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
$91
  • Beachfront
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$92
$76
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$64
$61
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$127
$498
$380
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
All reviewsyogurtwonderful hostshuevos rancherosthree nightsrecommend elprivate beachrelaxing vacationrayleannesurfedoceantaxisaccommodationsrelaxationcentro
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you love serenity, peace, beauty, respite, relaxing, generosity, and kindness you will love El Sol La Vida and Ray and Linda who make it so. They are "the life" of El Sol La Vida. My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful time there. The place itself is gorgeous and removed from the hustle, bustle and noise of the world. It is as though you have your own villa right on the beach. Every day was so restorative to our souls.
Our room was elegant and the bed so comfortable. The meals at the Surf's Up Cafe next door were excellent. Leanne creates the most wonderful dishes you will ever hope to eat. My husband thought the omelet called the Buffy was the best omelet he'd ever eaten in his life! I can't describe it's uniqueness. You'll have to experience it.
I do not have enough words to express how pleased we were with this vacation. We will definitely go back. We will definitely tell others, though I'm tempted, as one other guest said, to keep this to myself. Ray and Linda are excellent hosts, wonderful, gracious, kind and fun people. They are a delight and El Sol La Vida is a slice of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nancy K
SunandLife, Owner at El Sol La Vida, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing El Sol La Vida for your vacation destination and your much appreciated review! it was truly a pleasure having you stay with us, and look forward to our "race on the beach" when you return!!! Cheers & All The Very Best, Ray Linda Leanne and all the staff at El Sol La Vida and Surf's Up Caf'e!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hidden yes, but we must share the secret because Ray and Linda, along with their daughter Leanne and the rest of the amazing staff, go above and beyond to create a true relaxing vacation. We decided to go to Mazatlan just to stay at El Sol la Vida and we were not disappointed.
Mi casa es su casa. Upon arrival we were greeted by a charming Ray who showed us around, you can't help but feel comfortable right away . The pictures posted do not due this small B&B justice. The relaxing, calm, down to earth atmosphere radiates all around, and within minutes you will find yourself unpacked and laying on a lounge chair with a refreshing beverage in your hand. Not wanting to get into the car again, we had the wonderful option of eating with the family, and when the restaurant is open, Leanne has a creative taste and pays attention to detail with her delicious presentations.
If you are looking for a laid back, out of the way, non-resort feel, this is the place for you. We wanted to get away, swim in the ocean, and feel secluded from the hubbub of touristy vacations. Ray and Linda provided not only a place to put your feet up, but also had great suggestions for a different experience in the area; from an old tequila factory, a secluded beach, to a traditional pueblo. So many options, that next time we will definitely book a longer vacation.
Suggestions: have a car, stay on a Saturday to enjoy the afternoon reggae, bring your sweetie, a book and sunscreen (but if you forget Ray and Linda have some on hand!), and definitely splurge on breakfast at the cafe.
Gracias Ray, Linda, Leanne, John and the crew! Best vacation we have truly ever had in all our travels! You went above and beyond and will be back.

5  Thank Anou S
SunandLife, Owner at El Sol La Vida, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We so enjoyed having you as guests, thank you for the lovely review.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We met the owner Leanne last year in Mazatlan after enjoying a wonderfull dinner at her beachside cafe. This year we stayed a night after checking out of a larger resort down the beach. I really noticed what a difference the small personal nature of this hotel provided as compared to the mega resort we just came from . There was a regae beach party going on when we checked in and we stayed and tried every Tapa that was on the menu. Leanne upgraded us to a nice suite with a balcony that has a quiet garden and Ocean view. It was HUGE. Her father went out fishing in the surf in the evening and invited us to come along. In a city that seems to want to squeeze every extra dollar out of you its nice to get more than expected and feel that you are a valued guest and not a dollar sign.

2  Thank Jenn259

Thank you for your review, it means a lot to us to here back that what we set out to achieve is being accomplished, giving new found friends what they are looking for in a vacation! Hope you will be back next year, All The Best from Ray Linda Leanne, & all the staff at El Sol La Vida and Surf's Up Caf'e

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Sun, the Life. El Sol La Vida. The best hotel experience I've ever had. You instantly feel like you're part of the family. From the moment I walked into the hotel area I knew I was in the right spot. Greeted by co-owner Ray with a big grin je says, “You must be Hugh.” You know right away you made a great choice. Ray’s looks like an old surfer with a Canadian accent. You like him instantly.

There was no “check-in”, nothing to sign no paperwork to deal with. In a moment or two Linda, Ray’s wife, greeted me in the same welcoming way. Ray helped my wife and I with the luggage, told us the necessary things about the hotel and gave us the key to our room, the Sunrise Suite. And that was it.

El Sol La Vida is not like any hotel I’ve ever stayed. There are just four suites, two upstairs and two down. It’s beautifully landscaped and right on the beach. There’s a wonderful pool as well. The rooms are very comfy, well appointed and have huge bathrooms and walk-in showers. And the towels, oh my, they are huge and so, so soft.

Ray and Linda’s daughter, Leanne, has a fantastic café – Surf’s Up Café right on the hotel grounds. All I can say is, FANTASTIC. Leanne, in only a year, has brought her beach side café to number 16 of all restaurants in Mazatlan on Trip Advisor. A testament to her culinary skills and fantastic concoctions – unlike anything you’ll get at any other restaurant in Mazatlan.

Yes, El Sol La Vida and the Surf’s Up Café are off the beaten path of the Golden Zone in Nuevo Mazatlan. That’s what makes them so great: laid back; comfortable; relaxing. You have a beautiful beach right at your front door, nearly all to yourself. Feeling like you’re at home, but away – that is El Sol La Vida.

The landscaping is gorgeous and extremely well kept, as is the entire facility. There’s a huge plumeria, about 15’ high that still had some blossoms. My wife and I are plumeria freaks, having eight beautiful plants on our patio at home.

Each morning Ray sets out the continental breakfast about 8:00 am. My wife downed almost all the coffee and I emptied the jug of wonderful orange juice every morning. We sat on the steps to the beach with our feet in the sand and watched the oyster divers do their thing. My wife loves, as do I, to watch the pelicans as they fly in unison just skimming an inch or so above the ocean waves and they provided plenty of viewing pleasure. It was like heaven.

More times than not near the end of the evening I would find Ray down by the pool-side bar. He would offer me a beer and we would talk for an hour or so about anything and everything. We shared many a tale during those evening visits. It was like hanging out with an old friend.

When your trip is up and it’s time to leave, believe me – as you hug Ray, Linda and Leanne and say your good byes you feel like you’re leaving part of your family behind.

There’s a reason El Sol La Vita has raving reviews: It’s not just the place, it’s the people.

We will return to El Sol La Vita.

Room Tip: The upstair rooms have private balconies and partial ocean views.
4  Thank HubieB
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Ray and Linda , the proprieters, treat you like family! It is like staying with close friends.
The rooms are gorgeous and so clean, Ours had a private courtyard!!. The pool and ocean are like having private access. I know we weill stay at el Sol la Vida very time we go to Mazatlan!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!! Can't beat this place for atmosphere, location , everything!!
2  Thank Mepps W