“Most relaxing vacation ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel

El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Seattle, Washington
“Most relaxing vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Family of four (Dad, Mom, 10 year old girl, 7 year old girl) just returned from 8 days and 7 nights at the El Moro from 4/27 to 5/4. It was the best more relaxing vacation ever. Yes, Francisco is the best waiter at the pool. Okie Dokie is his catch phrase. Ramon at the pool is terrific too. All the wait staff at the restaurants and the pool are AMAZING. Best service we've ever had. The Activities Staff at the pool is terrific and my 10 year daughter Lindsey won two events and two prizes. The pool is the best in Mazatlan, the location is great and we enjoyed every day. The El Moro is a must stay if you have kids or just want to sit by the pool. The pool is heated in the winter.

Only complaint and this is very minor is the WiFi internet. It is slow and spotty and you can only have it on 1 device. It costs 300 pesos for the whole week. Rico's Cafe WiFi was even spottier. I run a small business and was able to use it and conduct my business every day though. If you need WiFi just be prepared to wait a little longer and shut down a few times to restart it but otherwise it worked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RyanMaz
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear: Ryan98366

Thank you so much for your recent 5 stars review, I’m so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time during your last 8 days at our hotel. We are left without words to explain what this means to our team we really appreciate it.

We are proud to provide unforgettable vacations, even more so to know that our employees were an important part to meet your expectations providing an excellent service, for us what’s most important is exceeding the expectations of our entire guests, and is very gratifying to see results of a hard work as in this recent review. Be assure Francisco, Ramon and the entire staff will receive mention for their great work, I’m sure when they read this feedback, they will be very happy.

Furthermore, I’m sorry to hear that your experience with Wifi did not meet your expectations. We are constantly looking for ways to improve upon our guests’ experience and welcome any suggestions.

We appreciate you taking the time writing this review and we hope that you will come back to the El Cid Moro Hotel on your next trip to Mazatlan.

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from May 9th to 13th and this was my first time in Mazatlan. The first thing I would say is that the service is excellent. Staff is always willing to help and we got an upgrade in our two rooms to a big suite. This hotel is all-inclusive but we found several inconveniences in which the bar that was closer to us closed at 6:00 pm and we needed to walk all the way to El Cid Castilla bar to get our drinks. In several occasions we ended up buying our own drinks to get around this problem. Snacks were also not available at night and hotel rules didn't allow to take them out of specific areas.
As far as the hotel is concerned, it's really old looking and lacks maintenance. As I understand it was one of the best hotels in Mazatlan back in the 80's and 90's but I don't think this is the case anymore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear: Jose c

Let me start off by thanking you for giving us a few minutes of your time to share your observations on you recent stay.

We are so glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and provided an excellent service, also that we were able to provide you with a more comfortable room.

I apologies for your comment in regards to the all inclusive plan your observations are really appreciated, your feedback important to us to help us be successful, we are searching for the best ways to cover this area and offer more convenience to our customers.

We keep working on improving areas of the hotel, to mention a few we are renovated numerous guest rooms, and have a new restaurant terrace called La Gruta, added a new poolside restaurant and lounge.

In closing, each member of our staff (myself in particular) looks forward in discussing your concerns openly and honestly in hopes that through our efforts we can earn your trust and confidence once again, hoping that in the future you will give us another chance to serve you.

Warm regards,

General Manager.
Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went here with my boyfriend in April of 2013. Have to say, had an amazing time. If you plan to visit, Enrike (with a K lol) at the activities center is such fun! He made the experience for us an unforgettable one. He is funny and big hearted. Also, Jaime who was a writer there, was so sweet! He made us yummy drinks and was a smart guy. We had great conversations with him and he was very entertaining and made us laugh a lot.

Room Tip: View is a must!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Talinjan
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear: Talinjan

I really want to thank you for this wonderful comment, I sure Enrike from activities and Jaime are more than happy to read this great review, I really appreciate your recent contribution of 4 stars at Tripadvisor, this is very important to us.

Hope to see you in a future visit to this paradise,

Warm greetings

Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

All I can say is Francisco Renteria is the BEST! From the first time we were down by the pool/pool bar, he knew us for the rest of the time we were there. I got such a kick out of him. "Okie Dokie!" :) He really took great care of us for the rest of our trip, and he was one of the best parts of my trip. I don't believe I could ever forget him and he is just great. Thank you (San) Franceeeeeesko for a great trip! Thank you El Cid! :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shorty77_13
Dear: Shorty77_13

I´m more than happy to read your great comment regarding the service provided from our staff, I really appreciated the time you provide us to write this nice words to Francisco Renteria, we are proud to having people like Francisco, he work hard every day to provide a good experience to all our customer and letting them a good memories have a good memories.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. I will be eagerly waiting for your next visit to Mazatlan!

Sincerely

Mount Angel, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My vacation at El Cid Moro Beach was fantastic. Very friendly wait staff, like Ivan, Ramon, Jorge, Alexis.
The activity staff was very entertaining. Enrike (with a "K"), Alex, Gabriel, and Christian (Pechugal) were so much fun. Great attitudes, helpful and courteous. And I loved pushing Tui (sp?) in the pool. Such a great sport. We loved the music, bingo and my favorite was the Mexican Fiesta on Wednesday nite. Great food throughout the resort and the Fiesta. Definitely coming back to El Cid Moro Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HollyKrupickaAugustu
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear: HollyKrupickaAugustu

We were thrilled to read your 5-star review of El Cid Moro. We are so glad that you found our hotel was a fabulous choice. We are happy to hear that you found the service provided for our staff on your expectations, we are proud to having them working to us. I personally will congratulate each of them for their excellent job.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our Mexican fiesta, this is one of the new activities in El Cid who is leaving good comments and it is getting more it's more popular.

The positive comments you left will help other travelers find us and feel confident that they are choosing a wonderful place to stay.

We look forward to your return!

Best regards,

ferrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Do you like live harp music while eating a leisurely breakfast on the beach? Do you like being pampered by a friendly staff ready to fulfill your every wish? A tower room with an awesome view of miles of beach? How about brilliant sunsets from your deck, the sound of crashing waves lulling you to sleep at night? If so, this is the place for you my friend.
The restaurants serve good food. La Concha on the beach is very romantic and quietly sophisticated for dinner. It's also my favorite location for breakfast! We also really enjoy the service and food cooked on an outdoor grill at The Patio Restaurant under the stars by the pool. There are many restaurants to choose from.They are all very different. The one restaurant I don't like is The Pergula Buffet because although there is a huge selection, the food is just average and I feel like I am in the basement of the hotel. Yich!
Lots of different pools. The big one has high rocks for kids to jump from and a couple great water slides. But there is also a nice quiet adult pool decorated with rocks, waterfalls, and plants that I love.
The place is really clean and seems to be over staffed! The rooms may be a bit dated, but they are clean and you can't beat the view! We had hot/cold, hot/cold shower water difficulties that needs to be fixed.
Playing tennis at night under the lights on their beautiful courts is a great experience.
A quick bus ride will take you down to the old part of town . The location of El Cid is really close to city activities & restaurants. Rent a bike and bike the 5 mile city Malecon one day all along the edge of the sea!
The timeshare salesmen are decent and can be trusted. Rui Veloso has been upfront with us and we enjoy talking with him at presentations. We did buy and as you can see from this review, we don't regret it one bit.
Lastly, I want to give kudos to the sweet manager of customer service, Marisela Gonzalez. She truly went out of her way to give us exceptional service. We are grateful to her for helping us to solve a problem.
You guys are going to think I work for the company but I'm just a satisfied happy guest who looks forward to coming back year after year.

Room Tip: Ask for high up in the tower El Moro and be sure you get a deck.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carole c
Dear: carole c

Wow!! What an outstanding review I really do appreciate you taking the time in writing such a fantastic review! I am so happy to hear that your recent stay was just as great as your past ones.

We are very proud to have been able to fit your standers in regards to our facility’s as well as our food and beverages we always try our best to keep everything in tip top shape and always have many ideas in mind in ways we can improve our services.

It’s great to hear my staff was of service to you and were able to help you in your every need I am proud to have them on board on my team and I hope it continues to be this way for these are the essentials that are needed in helping us become the best hotel we can possibly be no expiations! They will definitely be recognized for the good labor.

Rest assure that the problems with the shower have already been fixed if you happen to encounter a problem similar to this again please don’t hesitate in letting us know for we are at your service and are here to help. Mazatlan is a beautiful city and it has so much to offer we are lucky to live in such a marvelous place its great you were able to have a taste of what it has to offer.

We hope you keep on coming back to our hotel for more and more years to come we look forward in seeing you again so we can give you yet again an unforgettable vacation.

Cordially,

Salvatore Sanchez,
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

beds are so hard my husband still hasn't recovered. all inclusive is a joke should be called all exclusive. all they are interested in is selling either time shares or tours. information desks everywhere, but don't provide much info, only try to sell tours. don't buy tickets to the fiesta, what an overpriced joke. No hot tub available, that's only for the VIP guests.No one was helpful when asked what we could do or where we could go away from the hotel, unless they were trying to sell you something. First and last trip to Mexico and would definitely never buy into any El Cid property

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear: foxtrot152024

First of all, thank you for trusting in us and choosing El Cid El Moro to spend your vacation. Given your comments, it is unfortunate that you were unable to enjoy the numerous activities and benefits the All Inclusive Plan offers at our resorts. It appears that when you arrived, we did not provide you with the proper welcome information that outlines the inclusions of the plan. I apologize for this oversight and have reminded the entire team how important it is to ensure this resource information is shared, and how to better respond to inquiries to make each and every guest stay more enjoyable.

While we do not have a hot tub available to everyone at El Moro, we do have a Jacuzzi that is available to our All Inclusive guests at the Country Club, where our Spa is located, and is just a few minutes’ walk away. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of this. With regards to the Mexican Fiesta, we offer a variety of live entertainment and while it was not to your liking, we are glad you shared your opinion with us. Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay but we hope that you provide us with another opportunity in the future, as I can assure you that you will experience a positive difference.

Kind Regards