“Awesome experience”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

We spend 3 weeks at El Cid resort (El Moro) in Mazatlan and we experience a awesome service at the cafeteria and the Patio and pretty much everywhere else at the resort. The servers were very good but our preference goes to Angelita for food service this little women was always up to our request as she got to know us we had juice, coffee, beer depend the time of the day never had to wait she was dead on. Always smilling and she was looking us in the eyes contrairy to many server. We also can recomend Ruben, Adrian and Francisco as server they were checking always for our drinks if they were low and bring another one or ask if we want another one. Resort very clean, our bed were hard and I mention it well they had put a softer on the bed that day. Can't ask for better service. Got up with the sunshine every morning and having people smilling to us was a breath of fresh air. We love it there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Greetings from sunny beaches of Mazatlan!!!

Dear lovers154943

Thanks so much for this lovely review. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Positive comments are a real motivation for our staff. It is an extra push to go that extra mile day after day. We know that our guests have other choices and that is why we try to do our best to make our guests feel special and welcome.

Service is our main focus. All the staff is really happy due to your comments.

We expect to serve you again and pamper you, as you deserve.

Best regards,

Mark Covarrubias Mckay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

l-cid resorts on having a staff of very friendly people;we were guest at elcid from feb13 thru march 4 feb 13thru 18 in a studio feb 18 thru march 4 in room 1801 on the castille side we would like to congradulate el cid on having a staf f of very friendly people; from the janitors and workers, there is always a smile and warm greeting. we would especially like to honor those people who we came in direct contact with; these are people who went far beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was as stress free as possible. front desk goillermo espinoza could not be more helpful,friendly and including remembering and honoring our 50th wedding anniversary. oswaldo, who worked hard to insure that family and friends were staying in rooms that were as close together as possible in the maiin dinning room the waiter Jesus( who first served us in 1989) always remembers our family and friends. we look forward to seeing him each time we come. we are surprised that he hasn't moved up in the chain of command. the maid in room 1801 , i believe her name is Kristen she went out of her way to make us confotrable and finally, the young lady who helped put all of this together. Ms.Juliette Lizzard in customer relations. We communicated back and forth for over a year and she was instrumental in setting our accomadations. we hope this message we will be passed on to the right people at el cid thank you john and barbara stovall

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear danceltraveler107

Thank you so much for staying with us again. We are greatly grateful with you for your preference. Your comments about the hospitable staff are extremely important to us and they will motivate our staff to continue creating experiences for our entire guests.

We are ver happy to read that once more you had a memorable experience at this your home. We do appreciate and sincerely listen to all comments that are provided. We certainly want to give the upmost of service and make our guest´s have an enjoyable stay.

I have shared your kind words to Guillermo, Osvaldo, Julieta and all the people that you mention by name, thank you so much for that.

I will be more than honored if you contact me to help you in making plans for a future stay.

Warmest regards,
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

We just returned from a 3 week stay at El Cid Moro. We have nothing but positive things to say about this resort. The staff and service was probably the best that we have ever experienced. They are so friendly and whenever we called down for anything we received it promptly and with a smile. El Cid Moro fronts the best beach along the strip and for those who love the beach and the sound of the ocean, this is the only resort along the strip that offers beach chairs. The resort is located in a wonderful location and we enjoyed our morning and evening walks in this area. Mazaltan is a beautiful City with beautiful people. If you have never been to Mazaltan before we highly recommend El Cid Moro to you. If you have any questions on wonderful restaurants to visit, please e-mail me and I will provide you with our list. We have traveled all over Mexico and cannot wait to return to El Cid Moro. Thank you for a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation!

Dear nimbanks

Thank you for your review, I am very grateful to you for your kind words, how wonderful to receive such a kind review and it is great pride that we have read your wonderful comments. I am truly inspired that you had such a fantastic time here at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel and that you enjoyed of this beautiful city.

We can assure you that your comments represent a major factor of motivation to all the staff and inspire us to continue on our mission to deliver first class service.

We hope to serve you again, let me know if you want to come back and I would be pleased to help make your plans.

Receive my best regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

We stayed at El Cid El Moro Beach from 12/25 to 12/31. The resort was pretty nice, the pool and beach were both nice. Some of the service was a little slow, but all in all the service and wait staff were pleasant. It was our last night there, and we decided to go to the Italian restaurant on premises. This is when our vacation took a very drastic turn! We had just finished our appetizers, and were waiting for our entrees when the wooden beams in the ceiling came crashing down. I was the first one struck, and did not know what was going on right away. The beam fell roughly two stories and hit me directly in the top of the head causing a severe gash. That part wasnt the scary part. It was the fact that my 5 month old daughter and wife were sitting right next to me. We are very lucky for the fact that they were not struck, but they will now live with that traumatic experience for the rest of their lives. When the beams fell, it was chaos in the restaurant. There were people screaming and ducking for cover. When everything settled they finally got paramedics and a doctor on the scene. It was brought to our attention that the hotel had known about the fact that these beams were a potential hazard two years prior. This resort obviously has a blatant disregard for its guests safety. I unfortanetly paid for this with a severe head injury which left my last night on vacation in a hospital with numerous stitches in my head and a neck that I couldnt move. Here comes the kicker. Hotel staff was nice and promised me multiple things.... until I was out of the door. Once we left the resort to fly back home it was like we never stayed there. I spoke with Mark McKay on multiple occassions asking for them to fulfill their promises, but he would not give me an answer and eventually was not available. They were eager to help while I was in their lobby, but once I left everything changed. Now I am left to care for their mistake and neglect myself. This is not customer service. I understand that accidents do happen, but I dont understand how they could simply dismiss a potentially fatal incident regarding the safety of their premises and guests. They have also dismissed the after care of a person that THEY injured, not even knowing what my status is after leaving their resort. I would never recommend this resort to anyone for the simple fact that once you are gone, they dont care that you were ever there. Proceed with caution if you do go, and make sure you inspect any areas that you are staying as we unfortunately found out the hard way that this hotel does not. I have waited to write a review in the hopes that my thoughts regarding the hotel staff was not true, but they have had an ample amount of time to reply back to my requests.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank trvlguy23
Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Two friends and I had a very unpleasant experience when we had an accident in the elevator; there was a malfunction and it fell from almost 1 floor. Lights in the ceiling came off from its place while we were trapped for at least 10 minutes. The emergency button did not work properly and we had to open the inner door and ask for help to bypassers who were able to call hotel staff. After being helped (pulled up) to get out of the lift we were offered to see a doctor but we did not take the option as we were very scared and nervous for the accident. The day after their customer service manager offered us all inclusive braceletes to compensate the bad experiencie (we did not take them) but we still had to pay full price for the 2 night stay. Luckily we had no physical sequels. No word from the General Management so far.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank xhernan
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear xhernan

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. I was deeply concerned to read the points about the inconveniences you had. We take guest feedback very seriously due to, we are aware it is the single most usefel tool for improving our hotel and its service. It is our goal to ensure a perfect stay for every guest.

Once again, my sincere apologies, I would appreciate if you give me an opportunity to discuss this matter with you directly.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Had a great vacation and El Cid El Moro made it possible. The hotel and staff are fantastic. Starting with the front desk staff, especially Uziel, everyone is very helpful and takes the time to answer questions, provide information and make the vacation more enjoyable. The housekeeping staff is superb and makes every effort to keep your visit as comfortable as possible. And the restaurant staff will do everything they can to get you whatever you need -- they even recognize you and anticipate your requests. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Dear msurion

On behalf of all the staff at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel, I would like to express my thanks to you for choosing us to stay in your recent visit to Mazatlan.

Keeping customers happy, ensuring that they come back in the future and encouraging them to sell the merits of our hotel to their friends, relations and colleagues is the aspiration of El Cid Resorts.

I am delighted to read that Uziel and the rest of the staff went beyond to exceed your expectations; your overall satisfaction is our main goal.

We look forward to host you soon at this your resort.

Best regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

We love love love El Cid, both the Marina (2010) and El Moro (2011). They upgraded our room to a one-bedroom (it was SO lovely and comfortable), let us check in at noon, greeted us like friends when we passed through the lobby or other areas and overall, treated us like they valued our business. We became VIP owners last year and no regrets. None! Jacob was awesome. Susana helped us this year and if we decide to expand our time, she's our gal. Room service food was first rate as it was in their restaurants. Great pools. To-Die-For beach! Our maid didn't miss a thing. El Cid Mazatlan is our destination of choice in Mexico. Oh. One other thing to mention. Uziel helped us at check-in and arranged the room upgrade. He walked over to say goodbye when he saw us waiting for our taxi. He was fantastic! Employees like Uziel are the reason El Moro is a first class experience. Can't wait to go back!!! Next year perhaps three weeks...

Dear SLC2011

Thank you so much for your nice words, I am delighted to read that you recognize to Uziel, Susana and Jacob for the service provided, also we are very pleased to meet your expectations once more; we all make an effort to provide our clients unforgettable vacations.

I want to thank you for your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back soon and if there is anything we can assist you with during your next stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Mark Covarrubias McKay