We had a 12 day stay with the all inclusive package. There were 6 of us (3 couples).
Fun and Friendly helpful staff
We got to know lots of the staff, like Martin the Bartender in the Mainfloor Lounge who would start making our favorite drinks as soon as he saw us approaching! It's no wonder he's so good at his job: He told us he has been there for 28 years! Getting to know your servers and bartenders and returning to have the same server each night is nice - it really make the resort feel familiar.
Resort Activities: The activity staff provide poolside bingo, games, water-aerobics, spanish lessons, an evening movie with popcorn twice a week, and other things- all free and very fun! During dinner in the main buffet they put on a show with music and dancing which is very fun and we got to see some of the other guests kids perform too which was nice! The hotel is right on the beach so if the pool isn't for you, the beach is right there! I actually was a bit overwhelmed by the beach vendors, but if you like barganing they sell the typical souveniers, sunglasses and stuff.
Restaurants: There are several restaurants you have access to in the resort if you opted for all-inclusive. BUT most of them are only avaiable for dinner AND you must make a reservation earlier on in the day (between 8am-5pm). We ran into some problems and found this to be kind of inconveinient because often the restaurants would book up before 11am. And anyway we like to sortof fly by the seat of our pants.... We prefer to find a restaurant when we are hungry, not reserve a table at 8 in the morning, when it's hard to guage when exactly we will be hungry!
You can rely on the main Buffet since no reservations are needed there. The food there is pretty good for the most part, and met our expectations. (Except some of the poolside food... some was good, some not so good.)
Also we did some deep sea fishing and caught marlin, (thru an El Cid fishing trip) and there is a restaurant at the hotel that will prepare a fielt of it for you so you can enjoy your fresh catch for lunch that day!
Gym: Clean and they have a pretty good variety of equiptment.
Other Things to do near the resort: The location of El Cid Castilla really maximizes your opportunities to explore because it's right in the middle of lots of interesting places.There are plenty of little bars, restaurants and shops right outside the hotel and down the street either direction. The little VW golf cart style taxis are everywhere! You can take one for a bout 80 pesos from the resort to the downtown/old town area, or 100-120 pesos to Playa Bruja (Our favorite beach).
I'd say that the only things we found inconvenient were:
- having to reserve for dinners at the majority of the restaurants, and
- that the all-inclusive information we recieved upon arrival, was sometimes contradicted which was confusing (for example, we were initially told we had access to beverages, snacks and internet/computers in the Elite Room, and then later were told we didn't and were not allowed).
Over all, we really enjoyed our stay, and left with fond memories! We really enjoy getting out to see the town, but we also never found ourselves bored in the hotel at all. The weather was beautiful, the staff was amazing, the place is just such fun!
Typically, we like to explore and stay at different hotels in different places, but we would make an exeption here. We would be delighted to return to El Cid Castilla in the future, and we recommend this resort to couples, families, well... anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with splendid views of the ocean, refined comforts, and warm, friendly service, El Cid Castilla Beach offers a delightful combination of sun and fun for all ages. Relax on our beautiful sandy beach as the Pacific laps at your toes, sip a refreshing beverage at one of our two connecting pools or enjoy a gorgeous sunset from your balcony as it melts on the horizon. Serving as a tropical oasis for unforgettable getaways, Castilla's vibrant location makes it the perfect retreat for entertainment seekers as it is just a few sandy steps away from the energetic nightlife, enjoyable shopping, and restaurants including Senor Frogs restaurant and disco on site. • Ideal for Friends and Families • European, All Inclusive and Elite All Inclusive Plans • Three restaurants with international cuisine • Kids Club (From 10am -10pm) • Teens Club (From 11am-7pm) • Theme night dinner buffets with live entertainment • Two expansive, connecting free form pool with swim up bar • Beach front property with aquatic center • Pronatours Tours Desk • WIFI Internet Access • El Cid Golf & Country Club, offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel El Cid Castilla Beach
- El Cid Mazatlan
- El Cid Castilla Mazatlan