El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
$68
$65
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
$70
  • Beachfront
$452
$135
  • Beachfront
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$556
$55
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$182
$176
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$100
$80
$564
$168
  • Pool
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)
$130
$105
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$70
$61
4,290 results
All reviewslobby bartime sharela pergolala alhambraitalian restaurantcastilla beachpool viewall inclusive packagea la carte restaurantsinformation desksushi barkids clubeuropean planbeach vendorsdinner buffetall inclusive plandinner reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I travelled to Mazatlan with my cousin in February 2013 and stayed at the El Cid Castilla. From the beginning to the end of our vacation, we were so impressed with the resort and staff that we are both planning another trip back very soon. This was my third time to Mexico and I have to say that Mazatlan and in particular the El Cid were the best vacation so far. The only bad thing I would say about the resort was the check-in/check-out was a little slow, however we were brought resfreshing beverages while waiting in-line so that was appreciated. The room was very clean when we checked in and remained clean and tidy throughout the week. The food was pretty good. I would recommend checking out the Italian restaurant. We were very impressed by the food and the service there. I can't honestly say too much about the beach because we spent everyday at the pool. The activities staff/bar staff around the pool were phenomenal. We wanted to spend everyday at the pool because of the exceptional atmosphere. Our drinks were always full and there was always lots going on poolside to keep us entertained and having fun througout the day. I would like to say a great big thank you to Christian and Frankie for such an awesome week. They went above and beyond to make sure we were having a great time all the time! There was a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy and I could see everyone having an excellent vacation at this resort. Whether your looking for a nice relaxing family vacation or your a younger group of people wanting to have some fun...you won't be disappointed by this resort. See you soon El Cid :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carlita14
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear: Carol C

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for we know your time is valuable. I’m proud to hear we were able to give you such exemplary service; we always work hard to make sure we fulfill our guest expectations and it brings me such satisfaction we were able to accomplish that with your stay.

There is no greater feeling then when our fellow guest take notice on how hard we work to make sure everything thing is in order and functioning properly there is always room for improvement and we are always open to hear on what we can become better at. It’s good you were able to try out or transportation shuttles so you could get a chance to visit our other facilities.

It worries me to hear about you problem in regards to the La Jolla time share although it is no associated with our hotel I appreciate you letting us know we will be on the lookout. We look forward in seeing you in a near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is an older resort that is kept in top notch condition. The pool and outdoor areas are beautiful. The room was average, but who spends time in the room? The staff was constantly cleaning. The resort is kept immaculate. We had a few ants in our room when we checked in. Someone came immediately (within five minutes) and took care of it. We had no other problems. The only thing we did not like about the resort was the beach. There are bands that play constantly! They are very annoying. They are not on resort property, so I'm sure they cannot do anything about it. We did not spend any time on the beach because of this. We mostly spent time around the beautiful pools. The food was good and there was variety. Our favorite was the Italian restaurant. Before our trip, we kept asking about a transfer from the airport. We were told we would need a cab. At the airport, a transfer service had our names and hotel. On the way to the resort, they talked us into doing a time-share info. session in exchange for two excursions for our party of four. Talk about a captive audience! We went to the 90 minute session at the Marina, then told them No Thanks. It was a great deal for the tickets that we got in return. We actually wanted to go to the marina anyway! The two excursions were great, and free! It included our transfer back to the airport as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear coltsfan63,

I appreciate the time given to write this review for we know your time is valuable. I thank you for your recognition we work hard to try and have everything in the best conditions and its always great to here when people take notice of our efforts, however there is always room for improvement. I apologize before hand for the ant situation but im glad the problem got solved quick and efficiently. In regards to the bandas playing in the beach yes this is something we cannot fully control like you previously mentioned due to the fact that they are not under private property. I’m glad you had a chance to visit and get to know our other facilities. On behalf of my staff and I we would like to that you for your kind words, we hope we have the pleasure in hosting you once again in a near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent 2 weeks at El Cid and had a great in Feb/Mar 2013. This is our 3rd time in three years that we were treated to a very relaxing 2 weeks. I would recommend El Cid to anyone who wanted to kick back and have a wonderful holiday

Room Tip: Always face the ocean> It is the best way to start the day.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Beatty3,
Thank you for your kind feedback as it helps other fellow viewers to consider us for their next vacation get away. There are many reasons for us to keep doing what we do in this service industry, and you just gave us yet another inspiration to keep up with our great efforts in becoming the best hotel we can possibly be! It brings me great joy to hear you are a repetitive guest and hope there are many more years to come. We can´t wait to have you with us again we will be waiting for you here at your home away from home!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed on the top floor of La Castilla-- what a view! with a jacuzzi on the spacious deck.
the suite was top notch, newly renovated with flat screen TV beautiful decor throughout. we were impressed. Service was excellent. I think the maid cleaned twice a day! I noticed my bed was turned down each night. I think EL CID restaurant La Concha has the biggest palapa roof in all of Mazatlan. It's right on the beach and very romantic! And you are waited on hand & foot. I mean, I don't know how much better it can get.
A hint for those of you who find the Mexican vendors annoying: just close your eyes or put your nose in a book, and they will stay away from you. Actually, aside from being desperate to make a living, they try not to bother you. Also, you can take the free shuttle bus to El Cid Marina beach ( fun! you go out on a little ferry boat!) to an untouched quiet beach for the day.
We DID have a very bad experience though. Right out front of El Cid, on the street, a guy offered us $500.00 to go look at LA JOLLA, a timeshare . We were lured in by such alot of money. What a horrible mistake! We were scammed big time. They have our $7,000. We have NOTHING. Stay away. Before you fall for their tricks as we did, google them or read comments on trip advisor. They are no good.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear: Carole C

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Mazatlan. We stayed for a week in April with close family in 2 tower rooms.

We had never stayed at an El Cid resort before, and we were drawn to this resort partly because of the El Cid Foundation and its philosophy of helping its employees better themselves. That is very creditable. We found out that there was a small charge in using the bottled water and coffee packets in the rooms and that money would go to the El Cid Foundation, and that was totally ok with us.

What can I say? We had an VERY wonderful time in our week at the Castilla! The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable for us. The maids were smiling and efficient. Our rooms on the 7th floor of the tower were quiet, with a great ocean view. My sister, the insomniac, slept like a baby every night!

We ate mostly at the Pergola restaurant for breakfast and dinner, and at the Alhambra for lunch. We had one breakfast and one supper at the Cascada restaurant. The lovely beach was right by the Alhambra and it was super to eat lunch and watch the ocean. Cascada's mexican food was very good and the guava pie dessert was to die for. We found a good variety of food at the Pergola. I enjoyed the desserts!

The week we were there, which was at the end of high tourist season, the hotel was far less filled by foreigners and there were many more Mexican families. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves at the pool and beach, which was nice to see. The beach was wonderful and we didn't get bothered by the vendors that much. They all took a polite "no thanks" very well and went away.

Heidi of Pronotours (in the lobby), arranged our airport pickup/dropoff, and our half-day city tour (which we enjoyed). Heidi is friendly and very efficient (which we appreciated). Thanks Heidi!

This was the third Mexican all-inclusive resort we have been to, and our family consensus is this one was the best so far! We had a totally fantastic time and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going for an all-inclusive stay in Mazatlan! We wouldn't mind checking out the new El Cid resort at Los Cabos when it opens.

Last but not least. There were restaurant servers who made us feel so special and took such good care of us!! We have to give special and sincere thanks to young Carlos, Anna and Francisco at the Pergola who were so sweet to us! We think about you and smile. We also thank Luis, Ishmael, Adrian at the Alhambra, Yovany, Thibercio, Miguel & Gregorio at the Pergola, the Pergola omelette ladies Isobel & Sohara, Pergola chef Raoul, Miguel at the Cascada (who told his life-story), and Jose the bartender (who travelled Alberta and has seen the northern lights). All of you helped make our stay so memorable. THANK-YOU!!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor in the tower. These will be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear: MSo198

Thank you for sharing all of the Grand touches throughout your stay, guest feedback is crucial to our success, and we are committed to delivering exemplary service.

We appreciate your contribution to our foundation and we are proud to be giving back to our community and helping those in need. I’m glad to hear you thought so highly of our rooms and staff, our staff work very hard to make each stay special and it seems we were successful in your case. Rest assures that the staff members you previously mentioned will be given the recognition they deserve.

Mazatlan is a wonderful city and has much to offer I am also glad you were about to get a taste of what we have the pleasure to seeing day to day which is its wonderful scenery as well as its culture. In regards to our restaurants it’s a good we were able to fit your standards and have a wide variety for you to choose from and love.

We hope you come visit us again we look forward in serving you.

Best Regards,