El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
$65
$452
$135
  • Beachfront
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
$70
  • Beachfront
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$556
$55
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$100
$80
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)
$130
$105
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$70
$61
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$182
$176
$564
$168
4,290 results
All reviewslobby bartime sharela pergolala alhambraitalian restaurantcastilla beachpool viewall inclusive packagea la carte restaurantsinformation desksushi barkids clubeuropean planbeach vendorsdinner buffetall inclusive plandinner reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the El Cid. Shout out to Paul at poolside who never left us without a cocktail in hand; to Noe who greeted us our first day and always works so hard to welcome folks; to Eduardo in the buffets who made sure we ate well and had lots of coffee. To the lovely ladies who served us and taught us to dance in the lounge. We so enjoyed our stay and the Festiva over at the other El Cid property. Our room over the ocean was lovely. Someone is always working to keep the property clean and groomed. It's a lovely resort. The only small item is that the Wi Fi is not free from the lobby and we didn't pay for cell phone package as we thought we could use skype each day and there's a cost of $8.00 for 24 hours for WiFI and it's clunky. Other than this, everything was excellent. The food at the restaurant where you reserve by the pool is excellent.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor over the ocean was excellent.
2  Thank TMac M
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear: Sir/Lady

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking your time in writing us this review and letting us know how your stay went. I love hearing that our staff was a part of what made your experience so great it makes me so proud to have them on board with us here in El Cid workers like these are what makes a difference. I will most definitely be congratulation them on their hard work!!

I’m glad you found our Mexican Fiesta so delighting It is one of our new Activities we have here to offer and we have many more ideas to come. Hopefully in a future visit you will be able to enjoy them.

I’d also like to mention that I am glad you were able to find your room at your satisfaction.
There’s an old Mexican saying “ Mi casa es tu casa “ meaning my home is yours , we do hope to see you soon we will be more than happy to receive you with open arms and assist you in any way we can.

My best wishes,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent the first two weeks of February here and were pleasantly surprised. The reviews were good but the price we got made me skeptical. The room was what I expected of a very nice resort in Mexico. We had the 4th floor right on the beach and loved it. The waves crashing on the beach were the only sounds through the night. The pools were heated and there was plenty of loungers to go around. The beach had the usual compliment of vendors but they were pleasant as I've found most to be. It is a beautiful location with two large islands about one km offshore. The flat sandy beach is easy to walk on and there are shops and restaurants in both directions. The food is OK but we tried out several others on the main street within an easy walk of the resort and were very impressed. An 80 peso taxi ride took six of us to the malecon for shopping and touring the local attractions. There is also plenty of good shopping within walking distance of the resort. This was my first trip to Mazatlan and I would highly recommend this part of Mexico to Canadian tourists. We felt welcome and safe in all parts of the city and I didn't here of any incidents while we were there. I have other destinations on my to-do list but I would not hesitate to return here in the future.

Room Tip: We had room 4098 and I can't imagine there was a better location. The only sound was the waves on the beach which I found soothing. If you are a very light sleeper it may keep you awake at night.
1  Thank 250luvinthesun

Dear: 250luvinthesun

I was delighted and extremely proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value greatly encouraging complimentary regarding our good location, nice rooms, beautiful beaches and the places around Mazatlan. I’m so happy to read that you were able to visit our city and was of your complete satisfaction as far as the food of the restaurants, shopping areas, and the malecon not to mention your appreciation that you felt safe walking around the city. I will take great pride in sharing your generous comments with my colleagues. On behalf of all my team, may I thank you again for taking the time and trouble to share with us your kind comments. Also, your recommendations are perfect.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just back from a week golfing trip with two friends. We did the elite all inclusive as it included the golf and thought it was fantastic. Lots of nice little extras fantastic sunsets from our ocean view room on the 15 th floor. Tons of variety on the food front. Al a cartes had great ambiance the food ranged from ok to really good the buffets had a great range and were generally really good and the staff friendly. We liked the restaurant at the marina and the concha on the front at the Castillo. Pool staff were great always ready to bring you a drink or food. Room was kept clean everyday only minor hitch was the last couple of days no water or coffee replaced. The elite customer service staff were fantastic fun and friendly. Big thanks to Victoria, Karla, Stephanie and all the girls. Not a huge range of bars but enough for a drink in the evening but not really a place for the night. Letitia in the lobby bar of the Castillo was fantastic. The wed night Mexican fiesta night was really top class. I was expecting kind of cheesy tourist stuff but the food and entertainment was really impressive we'll worth doing. The golf course is great if tough. Staff not always the friendliest there and it would have been nice to have the drinks on the course as part of the package. Caddies were great at green reading and distance. Only minor suggestions would be to include the wifi in the package. Not expensive but also not great reception and it just seemed a bit cheap to not throw it in to the elite package. Overall a fantastic place for family or golf holiday good value, good service and some really friendly and helpful staff.

2  Thank Tim S

Dear: Sir

What a fantastic 5 stars review! I’m more than happy hear that we send people back to their homes with a big smile on their face; I know this for your recent amazing comment.

I’m glad to see that you were able to enjoy our 27 holes in our golf course included in your all inclusive Elite package, this is your best options if your plans are to play golf, tennis, and eat in all hotels and restaurants with our special menus which included lobsters and wine. I can see you enjoyed our Mexican Party, this is a new theme night which is causing a great impact on our visitors, we are innovating in new activities in the hotel and I love knowing that they have become successful.

Our guests’ experience is the most important thing to us. Each staff member works diligently to ensure that everything is perfect and that each guest is pampered. We are so pleased that our efforts were successful and your trip was fabulous.

I really appreciated your suggestions regarding the Wi-Fi, this services has a rate because we have an external company working with us and verify to see everything is work properly and In good conditions, They are monitoring the services to solved any possible problem. I will pass your comments to the maid supervisor to strengthen quality standards and avoid this from happening to future travelers.

Leticia and Elite Girls are waiting for you and your friends to providing more excellent vacations and exceed your expectations once again.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just got back last night from two weeks at El cid Castilla in Mazatlan. The Hoel is ideally located and is clean and comfortable. It is a wonderful Mexican Hotel, not a new ulta modren american Hotel & I love it. when it comes to staff they are excellent. I have to mention Lecitta in the lobby Bar, her service and friendliness is perfect, she remembered us from our previous trip 3 years ago and she made us feel so welcome. I have to say the same for the Breakfast /lunch crew at the Mexican restaurant I want to mention names but am afraid I will miss someone! food was excellent so was the service. we found the food absoluetly delicious in all of the restaurants, I do Have to say Ceasar made the Itailan one such a great experience for us we had to go back more than once. we visited all of the restaurants at least once at enjoyed every meal and the were treated so well. El Cid has done very well in thier choice of staff, every where we went in the hotel the staff were friendly and helpful. we will definelty return and when we do I hope we see the wonderful people we have grown to know there.
our trip was Feb 8-22 2013

Room Tip: ask for water front the rooms at the very front are ideally localated for access to two pools the ocean and at least 4 of the available restaurants and amazing sunsets we loved the location
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear: Sir

Your referrals are very important to us to encourage our staff and ourselves. You focused your attention on our good location, clean and comfortable establishment, are really appreciated.

We take a lot of commitment to deliver excellent service that is expected of us and we are pleased that you had a memorable stay. We pride ourselves in taking great care of our guests and will always do our best to excel in their expectations. Be assure Leticia at lobby bar, Cesar at Alcazar restaurant, and all of serves at the Mexican restaurant will receive a mention for their excellent job.

Thank you again for your most warm and generous compliments and sharing it to benefit all who visits this website!

We look forward to hosting you again. Please contact me directly when you next have the occasion to stay in Mazatlan. I will make the arrangements personally for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at El Cid Castilla from Feb 12-19 2013. We had a room with 2 double beds on the 14th floor with Ocean view. Beds were comfortable. Room was big and very clean. Had everything one would need. Towels and beds were changed daily.
La Pergola was the buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner which had a big variety of food, tasty and always hot. A different theme night for dinner with the show after 8pm. The breakfast had an egg/omelet station with a variety of toppings.
We never made it to the À la carte restaurant due to the variety and satisfaction of the buffet.
The lunch buffet is located by the beach which also had a lot of variety meaning no one would go hungry there. Always something on the grill ( ribs, bbq chicken, fish).They also pizza, burritos, chicken wings, shrimp stir fry.
The service is excellent and they would go out of their way to satisfy you just ask if they have it you will get it.
The beach is just beautiful for swimming and for long, long walks. Vendors do come to you but with a No Gracias they will leave you alone. Servers do come to you for drinks.

Overall we are very satisfied with our stay and will definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HappyTravelers85
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear: HappyTravelers85

Thank you for the positive review! We are happy we made such a memorable experience for you. I have communicated your comments to all of my team as they really do enable us to identify with the levels of service that ensure our guests experience a great stay. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, such as our soft beds, our food and restaurants like La Pergola, and our al carts, as well as our excellent service provided by our staff and most importantly our wonderful Mazatlan Scenery such as our beautiful beach.

As you may be aware from my previous responses, I personally review all Trip Advisor reviews as they provide a fantastic amount of valuable feedback based on our guest’s views and opinions. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,