“Great Resort”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
calgary
“Great Resort”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

4th time at this resort and was great. Although majority of the service in the restaurants was good have to single out Manolo and Humberto the captains who went out of their way. Also met the GM which was good.
Rooms are a little tired, but clean and comfortable. Food was usually good. The lobby bar was great with Leticia providing us with great service.
This is a good 3.5 star property with good value. The bellmen were also good in particular Noe , speaks great english was helpful in giving us a lot of information on getting around in Mazatlan.
Would go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank migguel
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear: migguel

Thank you so much for your choosing us for 4th time at El Cid Resort, for me is a great pleasure to be fortunate enough to be chosen in among options in Mazatlan.

I am glad to know the staff provides a great service; I know the staff will be truly happy that they made a positive impact on your stay. Leticia, Manolo, Humberto y Noe especially will be grateful.

We look forward in welcoming you back to El Cid El Castilla and remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you might require.

Warm Greetings,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Wow! What an amazing experience. From the moment we checked in, everyone was so attentive and helpful. Breakfast starts the day with a bountiful buffet, Ricardo Simental, Martin Rodriguez, Gabriel Ayon,were our waiters and we wanted for nothing. Guillermo Garciawe was the captain; he and they were so courteous and saw to our every need. We couldn't have asked for better service. The rooms were clean and fresh. There were many restaurants to choose from for dinner and the food in all was excellent. Each night the El Cid put on an hour long show with music and dancers to entertain us. The MC Enrique did a fantastic job, smoothly switching from Spanish to English and making the evening much fun. The resort offered two large pools, and a beautiful beach and several nice shops. There were several tours to choose from and there was something that appealed to every one of us. I would definitely recommend this resort!!
I do have to mention that the tour company - PronoTours - was not so accommodating. We had conflicting prices for one of the tours where we paid the higher price quoted from Heidi in the resort, where it was listed in the office at a lower rate. When we were leaving, we waited almost 30 minutes for a shuttle to the airport, which we had arranged with them and paid for the night before. When we questioned it, we found that we were not even on their list, and we had to join the next shuttle to get to the airport.
We stayed at the El Cid for 6 days and I would stay here again if I were to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sandi S
Dear guest, your contributions it’s really helpful for me to know the experience of our customers have. An apologies for the inconvenience you may have with pronatours, we are concerned to read you’re not completely satisfied with their service. Be assure will pass all your comments to the manager in charge of pronatours to take a note about all your suggestion.

In other way I’m really proud for the excellent work provided from Ricardo, Martin, Gabriel and Guillermo at La pergola restaurant, all this is a result of the hard job, I am aware of the great team that we have at this time at the pergola Restaurant, the shows from activities, food and beverage are important too, for complement this great work.
I really appreciate your loyalty beside of your inconvenience give us a chance to be part of your vacation in your next trip to Mazatlan, please feel free to contact me for let me know and welcome you personally.

General Manager.
River Grove, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wow, how to start. My trip to Mazatlan was amazing! no words can explain it. Everything was great. I am glad I chose El Cid Castilla beach, the service was excellent. The bartenders were great and all the staff were super friendly. The girls at the "elite" section made our trip even better. They helped us locate great clubs and great restaurants within the city. When i go back I am definitely going back to El Cid Castilla

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Juan C
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Juan C

What splendid review, we feel most than happy for this great eulogy
I am glad to note that our convenient location and friendly staff exceeded your expectations; Thank you for the special mention of our waiter’s staff and the girls of Club Elite, they really are more than happy to know that were recognized for their hard work.
We are at your appreciable orders, will be a pleasure for me and the girls of Club Elite have you with us once again.

Regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Check out the poolside candlelit restaurant at Elcid. It's new!!!! La Gruta is the name of the quaint dining experience.
Miguel the captain was so attentive and gave us such special attention as we dined. Made us wonder spanish coffees to top off this wonder evening. Michel is the waiter and wow so helpful in helping us select just the right appitizer which happened to be the tuna. I sooo good. We enjoyed the pasta and again throughout the evening the service was as far as we were concerned the best for the week for evening dining. Raul was also very helpful and also added his own hospitality to our wonderful evening. Got to check it out. Soooo nice.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear: Myrnie W

Is for me a great pleasure to know that you enjoy our new and exclusive restaurant La Gruta.
It is an extra of new that El Cid has to offer, a restaurant more to the list to provide more variety to our customers who want to pamper.
I will share this great comment with Miguel captain, Michel and the rest of the team at The Gruta restaurant, for let them know the results of their great work in a team, I'm sure they will very happy to receive your positive reviews.
I look forward your visit again to El Cid Castilla, will be my pleasure to have it with us ..

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel in a convenient location. The amenities are good. They have a great pool and the have a good schedule of things to do. If you have children that love a good pool, this might be a great hotel for you.

The property has a good overall positive energy about it. The staff is nice and warm. The knock I have on the hotel is that is feels a little aged and needs some refurbishing. The rooms are large, but the bathroom area needs freshened up in order to be a 4 or 5 star hotel. It's acceptable, but will in no way wow you. The safe is an example of what needs modernized. At the front desk, they give you a key and the locking mechanism for the safe. No electronic safe here. It works, it's just not updated. The same can be said for the shower/tub area.

The hotel is right on the beach which is very nice as well.

Overall, it's a nice hotel & I got a very good rate on it as well....less than $100 US per night. Based on location, rate, and the staff, I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brock F
Dear Brock F

Thank you very much for your critique and recommendation, which was generally positive.
I’m really sorry for didn’t meet completely with your perspective, we work hard to create a pleasant atmosphere for our customers, and I'm glad to know you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Regard to our facilities, it is important to mention that we are working on renovations inside the hotel, in seasons like this is a bit difficult to move forward because we do not want to inconvenience our customers, that's why the change process has been a bit slower . We expect to complete these changes in mid-2013.

On your next visit to Mazatlan, I hope to be fortunate to have you again with us at Hotel El Cid Castilla, please contact me to show you some our changes.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had the best and most wonderfully enjoyable stay at the El Cid hotel for 10 days, Nov 2011. The staff just could not have done more for me, and I want to send my heartfelt appreciation to all. Each and every one did their very best to make me happy, and I truly could not have wished for more. I actually had tears the day I had to leave. : )
I was a woman travelling alone, taking the same normal sensible precautions I do at home, and I always felt safe and comfortable both at the hotel and in Mazatlan. I did post a review at the time and can't find it. I so much hope to come back one day soon. Muchisimas gracias. Te extrano tanto. Carly - Vancouver. : )

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Carly V
Dear: Carly V

I really want to thank you for the time you was with us, and your great comments about our hotel is for me a pleasure to know that we meet your expectations.
Be assured I will read this review with staff, truly delighted that you have found a warm and friendly staff, who felt safe and enjoyable visit to Mazatlan, that's a very good review for us.
Without your feedback and constructive criticism would not be possible much of what we have accomplished for your experience be more pleasant at the time they are with us.
I look forward to having you again with us in not too distant future.

My best wishes,

Richmond, Mazatlan
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everyone has always talked very highly of the El Cid Resort in Mazatlan so I was very anxious to try it out. My boyfriend and I were lucky to score a very good deal for 5 nights All Inclusive and were very excited for our vacation. When arriving things already started off a bit rocky when we received two single beds instead of a king that we had requested, no big deal, they switched us right away and it was off to our first buffet experience.
All I can say is WOW! If you have any limitations on eating. Good Luck! The food was very unappetizing.
The beds were very hard, however according to friends we could have asked for a pillow top and it would have been no problem. oops I guess we should have known!
One thing I can say is that house cleaning was very good. They always left us bottles of water and when I forgot my phone upon checking out they turned it in to lost and found.
Over all I would not stay at this resort again nor would I suggest it to friends. I think part of the problem is that this resort is simply not set up for an All Inclusive. The selection of restaurants is very small and most of what we did try was not very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a pillow top when you arrive. The beds are very hard. One good thing about the room was the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank QueenofMaz
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear: QueenofMaz

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at El Cid Castilla Resorts.

We know that our all inclusive, the food was not your complete satisfaction, the beds were very hard, in short we failed to live up to your expectations. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I was very concerned to hear about all of the problems you experienced during your stay in relation to the service and your dissatisfaction of the hotel. We value customer feedback and we have a dedicated Guest Relations team to address any issues that arise. It is very important to our continued success that we hear from our guests and your comments will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations and service. I can assure you that the service you described represents a considerable deviation from our usual high Level.
Regarding to the variety of food and restaurants, We have every day 5 different themes for all inclusive in each of our restaurants like Mexican, Argentinean, Japanese, Italian and our buffet.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced; our objective is to adjust to the diverse needs of our guests.
We look forward to discussing your concerns openly and honestly in hopes that through our efforts we can earn your trust and confidence.

Warm greetings from the sunny beaches of Mazatlan,