El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$166
$151
Bookit.com
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$164
$92
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$65
$53
$101
  • Pool
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$115
$65
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$125
Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$145
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$87
$918
$793
Cancelon
4,346 results
All reviewslobby bartime sharela pergolala alhambraitalian restaurantcastilla beachpool viewall inclusive packagea la carte restaurantsinformation desksushi barkids clubbeach vendorseuropean plandinner reservationsdinner buffetall inclusive plan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at El Cid Castilla for 4 days, my room was very comfortable with a wonderful view and great service..!
The Italian restaurant was my favorite, and the ladies in Club Elite were very helpfully, specially Marisela, Estefany, Gisel and Zuleyma, they answered all my questions and attended every need.I will definetly visit again soon!

• Stayed: July 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear: Sir

A positive feedback is the best success we can receive, so I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful comment.

We are pleased to know that you trust in the high level of El Cid Castilla as always work with the desire to offer our customers a first class service.

I have just had the pleasure of personally sharing your comments with Marisela, Estefany, Zuleyma and Gisel. It is feedback such as this that drives the team to aim even higher in terms of guest service. Your comments regarding our staff being so friendly and helpful is right on the mark as our people philosophy is that 'people are our greatest asset and vital to our success'.

Please know that you have a place here and at any of our hotels, and should you need any point of contact for a return visit or a new adventure please don't hesitate to let me know; Be assured that elite club girls would be honored to personally assist!

Yours Sencerely,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We bought a time share in the tower, when it first opened, and the place was awesome. We went a few years later with some friends and it was nice, but not as nice. Ten years later, and yes we were still paying for the time share and the $500 a year maintenance fee, we show up. The first thing we noticed was that the place really looked run down. We went to our room, the same one we had been to the two times before and it was barren. This double suite with a kitchen is on one of the higher floors, looking south, but they no longer had glasses, utensils, forks and knives or any decent niceties like vases or anything else, unless it was bolted down. A couple hours later, we are asked to come to the front desk. We are told, we are five days late and that we have two days, but if we talk to a specialist, they might be able to accomodate us to another location, away from the ocean and the tower. The meeting was set up for the last day and they told us that unless we were willing to spend $3,000 to modify our timeshare we needed to leave. Since we don't appreciate being strongarmed we kindly refused, they kicked us out. During the two days, we had a meal there and though the food was OK, the service was not the best. The front desk was awesome and after the first day we were there, my wife and I brought back meals (hand made tacos and condiments, from the same restaurant we had just eaten at to feed over ten people. The staff was totally surprised and appreciative. Due to the greed of the management and thier give a I don't care where you flew in from attitude, I will never set foot on any part of that large resort. Their golf course and caddys were totally a blast. IMHO, I you stay at Publo Bonito Emerald Bay, if you want intimacy, though it's away from the main hotspots, or any of the many other fine resorts/hotes in Mazatlan.

They also let vendors harrass you when you are on the beach. I even had two strangers approach me about using my card so they could play the golf course. This place caters to the masses, unlike when they first opened, and it is not what it used to be.

Room Tip: Unless you get a deal to play their golf course, find another place.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KnowBS
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear: Know BS

I deeply regret for the inconvenience we have caused concerning points you describe in your recent comment.

First of all I appreciate you for taking the time to let us know our strengths and weaknesses, as I already mentioned previously in other reviews your opinions are important to us they are essentials in order for us to continue growing in this competitive market.

We are definitely thinking about renovating our installation. This is because we recognize the importance of having modern equipment for the better experience of our customer. We are working on a project that we hope to finish next year remodeled all our rooms and general areas; we have advanced more than half of the project.

All our suites feature amenities kitchen (knives, glasses, to name a few.) We are investigating in your case why you did not have these amenities in your room with supervisor in this area.
Concerning the vendors on the beach we have security staff reinforcing on key points preventing them to have access with our guests.

I have met with executives from other departments to strengthen our special measures, as we have noted each of your comments and we are reviewing carefully.

We want to do a big effort for the inconvenience we have caused, for this we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again and change your perspective of your last experience at El Cid Resort.

Reiterate our sincere apology and we remain at your disposal for any assistance you need.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We are a part of the El Cid family and we have been going to this resort for more than five years. The people are very friendly and very attentive! Since i dont speak very much spanish, it was awesome to have a waiter that spoke wonderful english and spanish! If you ever visit this hotel, be sure to request Carlos Schmidt or Roberto as your waiter during the spectacular shows every night in the Pergola!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karla M
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear: Karla M

What emotive comment. It gives me honor to know that you as part of our team.
I am very glad to know that the staff of meet your expectations and the effort of each of them made, in order to achieve customer satisfaction

Be assured that I will pass your congratulations to Carlos Schmidt and Roberto for their great job.
Thank you very much for making us part of your experience and even more for your loyalty, hope to see you again in this your home El Cid Castilla Resort.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at El Cid Castilla 2 times in the past 2 years. The resort has not disappointed. Definitely worth getting the all-inclusive (even though we venture all over the city for great seafood also)
Service is top notch! Housekeeping is super friendly and our room was always stocked.
Food service is awesome. On our beach & pool days we would sit wherever Francisco was because he's by far the best waiter we've had anywhere!! The food on the pool, buffet, and a la carte restaurants was great also. Every year I must have the carne asada nacho plate from concha.
What else.... The resorts pool is very large. 2 pool areas with plenty seating room. They play bingo daily. The beach is nice, lots of lounging area also. The only part I didn't enjoy is all the ppl selling stuff, but I just ignore them. I love mazatlan and will continue to go to el Cid every year!!

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Brandy C
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear: Brandy C

I don't have words to express how I feel to hear that you enjoyed our services, it is always nice to know our key points to make sure our customers have a pleasant experience.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our all inclusive in la concha restaurant our carne asada an plato de nachos were they your favorite ,as well in your room always found what you needed and kept in order thanks to the efficient work and charisma of our maid.

It's great to be able to show positive comments our staff, and at is remind them that with the proper care of our guests during their stay, we have the satisfaction of our customers. Be assured that the maid and Francisco from the food and beverage receive a great mention for their excellent job.

The team El Cid and myself will be happy to have you once again in the not too distant future. We expect to be the Hotel of your choice if you decide come to Mazatlán.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice and has a very big pool area, but everything needs to be updated, the place is old fashioned. The hotel has a very nice beach view. Mazatlan is a great place to relax that has great local food.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank egh02
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear: egh02

I appreciate the opportunity allows to be part of your vacation and in among options in Mazatlan you are choosing El Cid Resort.

For I can read, we need improvement in some details, we are constantly remodeling process, we have renewed some areas to mention a few, the pool in Moro and Castilla Hotel, we have also worked in our rooms. Please be assured that your feedback has been discussed with our management and service teams so that we may take the steps necessary to improve ourselves in other areas.

I look forward the opportunity to serve you again and let you know a bit more what El Cid has to offer, in our areas like clubhouse, spa, tennis, Gym, Golf etc..

In your next trip to Mazatlan we are lucky to have you with us. Feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Kind Regards!