“Always a fun experience w/good people” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tippy Toes

Tippy Toes
Ranked #1 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Trendy part of town: Tippy Toes embraces the old and new with it's exquisitely decorated eclectic salon/spa. This charming spa is located in Centro Historical near the amazing beaches,restaurants,shopping,and bars of Olas Altas. We aim to provide an exciting new pedicure, manicure, and facial experience as well as massage, waxing, and hair by Deborah and Etna. You will be in the hands of fully trained and very caring staff. Complete sterilization of all utensils is our priority. We welcome internet bookings, walk in's, or telephone contact. Complimentary beverages of your choice with all services. Free WiFi Zone/ Credit Cards are accepted
Puerto Nuevo, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Always a fun experience w/good people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

While I was living in Mazatlan, I had pedis, manis and massages done at Tippy Toes and always came away satisfied. I am sure if someone has a gripe or isn't satisfied, Debbie will do all she can to make it good and make you happy. Such a pleasant place to have work done with the bright and cheerful decor and the people watching window nearby and a most welcome addition to the area.

Visited March 2012

Mazatlan, Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tippy Toes is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We who live in our beautiful Mazatlan are so glad to have Tippy Toes here now. It isn't just a full service salon it is a place to see old friends and meet new friends. Debbie does a great job of promoting the centro area along with running the hippest salon in town, with a fantastic gift shop

Barb

Visited February 2013
Mazatlan, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tippy Toes-a special place to be pampered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Katerina, it is too bad that you did not inquire about the cost of your services before you had your appointment at Tippy Toes. My experiences at the salon have been quite professional. The fact that the owner realized her mistake and tried to make amends should be taken in good faith. I look forward to my next visit to Mazatlan and day of pampering at Tippy Toes!

Visited July 2012
Mazatlan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Tippy Toes is still tops with me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been going to Tippy Toes to have my hair cut and colored every six weeks for two years now, and have left happily on every single occasion. I wrote a five star review when I first visited and my opinion hasn’t changed. Tippy Toes is a warm, casual and lively place, not a Zen-like spa. I have a feeling of sitting in a good friend’s living room when I’m getting my hair done there (a good friend with really nice furniture!).
One day I walked in for my regular hair treatment and said dramatically “I feel like I’m going to have a breakdown.” and Deb left saying “Hold on a minute” then came back with a glass of wine for me in hand, all ready to hear my story. That’s the kind of hairdresser she is – one who does the time honored hairdressers’ laughing and crying with you (but, as has been written about her before, she honors the “code” and never breathes a word).
I can honestly say Deb gives me the best hair cut I have ever had, and that includes a two hundred dollar “do” I had at Tony and Dean’s in Toronto’s trendy Yorkville area years ago. People constantly compliment me on my hair now, and I’m no longer surprised when strangers approach and ask me where I get my hair done. I normally pay a very reasonable $600 pesos for cut and color at Tippy Toes, a bit more if I get special highlights. That is about half what I paid in Canada five years ago for comparable services.
Noah as manager always gives me a warm and friendly welcome and shares a chat if I’m having a mani or pedi and the staff are always gentle and give a relaxing and nurturing treatment.
When friends and relatives come to town, I take them to Tippy Toes for our “gal day”, I wouldn’t consider going anywhere else. I like people who are real, warm and kind, like a good laugh and give good and honest service, and if that’s what you like too, you’ll be happy that you visited Tippy Toes.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JudithMazatlan
Washington
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Still the best in town in my book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have just read with some shock the extremely critical review of Tippy Toes. I would like to say that Deb, the owner, is one of the most reputable and proficient hairdressers I have ever visited. Not only does she color carefully and very well, but she is extremely generous. I have problem hair and on a couple of occasions, Deb has redone my color - at no charge - and through no fault of hers. Do not let the last review cloud your judgement. If you have not visited Tippy Toes, please go. You will most certainly not be disappointed. I have reviewed this establishment before but could not let the previous very unfair comments go without a rebuttal.

Visited February 2013