“GOOD HAPPY HOUR”

Dining options: Breakfast
Denver, Colorado
“GOOD HAPPY HOUR”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This restaurant was located beside our hotel and was a place we visited 4 or 5 times. The food was really good and had a few new things to try. They have a great happy hour, good prices on food and drinks. The only down side was that some of the employees sold timeshares as well as worked at the restaurant. Which made it a little uncomfortable when you are just trying to have a good time. After we said no the first couple times of being approached, they gave up on us.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank chriss z

Winfield, Kansas
“Across from El Cid Golf Course”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Ate there (Feb 2012). Great sunset view on beach! Happy Hour was between 6 & 7PM. My friend asked how the fish was. They promptly brought a red snapper on a huge plate. (1 kg is what they said). She thought they would filet it and cook it.....instead they gashed the fish skin and deep fried the entire fish...tail, head, fins and all and served it up!!! It ended up being very tasty, but looking at that head all evening was NOT real good. We ordered dessert to take home with us and it was exceptionally good. A Strawberry tart and a Guava tart...both were very good.

1 Thank Kmoser1
San Francisco, California
“timeshare haven”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This restaurant was good one time and really crappy the next as far as food goes. The service was always pleasant. The beer selection is poor. The prices are good. There are timeshare people in-house/on-site who made us very uncomfortable both times we visited. We will probably not give them another shot because of the inconsistency of food and harassment by timeshare peddlers walking the dining room.

Also because it is outdoors, but covered, smoking is or was allowed. That will make some happy but nonsmokers be aware. One time there the table next to us were seeing how many cigars they could smoke at the same time. Not enjoyable.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank PalapaBound
Vancouver, Canada
“As fresh as it gets”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had the freshest oysters and clams that I've ever sampled in Mexico. They tasted like ocean. I had the steamed mahi mahi and it was excellent as well. You are literally 50 ft from the surf. The servers are young and enthusiastic and the prices are 1970's. A beer for under $2....steamed fish for $7-8 dollars....crazy cheap prices for the food you get. I'm going back again.

• Visited November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food for the Golden zone area”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had just gotten back from spending 6 days in Mazatlan. Though I did spend most of my time in Olas Altas, I did eat at a few places in Zona Dorada.

This restaurant is located next to El Cid Castilla. Pretty relaxed location and you sit on a beach front atmosphere. When seated and have your order taken they bring you chips and salsa. One of the best Chips and Salsa you get compared to some other restaurant.

I had the shrimp tacos but my tacos came a little burnt. But my husband had some pretty good oysters topped with cheese and spinach. I wish I had ordred that. They do offer a points system card where if you order a certain amount you get 20% of what you spent to use towards your next visit. When you get your card they will explain to you how to claim the points.

Though my tacos came a little burnt, I'd still say the food is pretty good. Just try them out if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2011