“very pleasant evening”

Restaurant Munchkins
Ranked #101 of 410 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Restaurant and Sport Bar, We are not perfect, only the best. Food to remember: Cowboy Steak, Munchkins Burguer and BBQ Ribs.
Denver, Colorado
“very pleasant evening”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I were staying near this restaurant and had walked by many times before going in. When we finally went in we had a great time. I ordered bbq ribs which seem to be the specialty and my husband ordered their special nachos with carne asada. The food was good but the best part of the evening was the ambiance. We went in August (don't recommend because of the intense heat) but they had very nice air conditioning, not too hot or not too cool. The best part of the evening was the music. The disc jockey played a great variety of Mexican and American music from the 70s and the 80s that everyone seemed to enjoy.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank msaracho

Coarsegold, California
“Best Ribs ever”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I always go to Mazatlan for 2 weeks in early December and eat at Munchkins at least 4 times. I usually am not a big "rib" fan but their ribs are the exception to the rule. The meat just about falls off the bones and the sauce is not over powering. Don't know about the other stuff on their menu but the ribs are the best.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank tarzansmate
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The best part about Munchkins was that it has A/C. Second, it is pretty clean. Sadly, the food was not very good, especially for the prices. The kids had chicken and cheese quesadillas that had almost no chicken and the tortillas were fried to a crisp. My wife had fajitas with almost no beef and she had to ask for tortillas since they said it did not come with them. When she asked about the lack of beef they brought her some that was nearly raw. I had the all-you-can-eat ribs for 160 pesos. The ribs were mostly fat, but you could work through to the meat which wasn't that bad. You had to wait almost 15 minutes between rib sets, though so it was not so much being full that stopped me from eating as it was being bored by waiting, especially with everyone else done eating. There was one waiter who was top notch, the others seemed to not want to be there. With several of the best restaurants in Mazatlan only a couple blocks away, I would not come back here again.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank robert s
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burgers”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We will be coming back soon. We have never had burgers like the ones at Munchkin's. The atmosphere, staff, and food was the best we've ever had. The staff bent over backwards to make our experience special. We loved it.

1 Thank Esmeralda Melli... R
Mazatlan, Mexico
“Do not honor promotions”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

They suck you in with two for one promotion but then do not honor their promotions. There is is reason they have such a low rating. I live here in Mazatlan and say don't go. There are numerous great places to eat.

Visited May 2014