“No Problems With Service For Us”
Review of El Fish Market

El Fish Market
Ranked #56 of 414 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Illinois
“No Problems With Service For Us”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Since the El Fish Market is close to the El CID Marina, we usually stop by at least once each visit. Today I had two shrimp tacos and they were amazing. Lots of boiled shrimp on each corn tortilla and love the cabbage as well. My husband loves the fried shrimp and chips because there is not much batter on the shrimp. We also split an order of onion rings and they are excellent as well. We have never had a problem with service. The music is a little loud, but we look at it his way: "It drowns out the sound of the passing cars!"

1 Thank J-W

Oregon
“Fish & Chips”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Where but Mazatlan can you get fish & Chips with Mahi/Mahi as the fish---Have never experienced such good fish and piping HOT through the entire meal...

Great social scene with a mix of locals and expats throughout the entire day---

They also have Negro Modelo on tap...served in great frozen mugs

• Visited February 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“I heart El Fish Market - Camaron Sabalo #1504”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I feel like people who reviewed last didn't go to the same place I did. (and maybe they didn't as I just found that there are actually two locations)
I really loved it. The Mahi Mahi Sandwich was excellent. Perfectly cooked fish with a bit of mayo like sauce and a tasty coleslaw. The fries were nice big wedges which I understand not everyone would like but I totally thought it was perfect.
My husband and I shared a Santa Monica Ceviche which was so fresh and flavourful.
The next time I had the Shrimp Burger which was chopped large hunks of shrimp with a few other things, made into a patty.
We shared the Ahi Poke which was almost like being in Hawaii. The only thing they were missing was a bit of green onion.
The serving was massive. Enough as an appetizer for 4 people.

It was almost like a California or Hawaiian style place. Service was very attentive but not overly. Maybe it makes a difference where you sit. We sat on the front patio in front of the bar both times.

1 Thank MindiP1001
Mazatlan, Mexico
“No service here”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Have stopped here to eat three times this year. Each time it was a wait about 10 minutes for someone to bring menu. Yesterday I got up and got menu for our table. Still, no one came to table. . This is the third time this has happened here so we got up and left.
Busy? no as there was only one other couple there having a beer.. Oh, previous time
the food was a bit greasy and pricey.

Chicago, Illinois
“"Very good lunch"”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We decide to try this place for lunch because the reviews and when we would pass by at night it was always crowded.My wife had the shrimp burger and I had the fish and chips the batter was light and flakey.They also have the dark draft beers in different cold mug sizes very delicious!We sat outside on a warm afternoon.

• Visited March 2013