“Service good, food not as good as expected”
Review of El Fish Market

El Fish Market
Ranked #55 of 414 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Service good, food not as good as expected”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had read rave reviews of the fish tacos and I think my experience might reflect inflated expectations based on those reviews. My son ordered the fish and chips and liked it. My husband ordered the garlic shrimp and was quite happy. I had the marlin tacos. I was expecting chunks of grilled fish with a sauce of some kind and some vegetables, maybe cabbage. Instead, the fish was smoked and shredded. It was tasty, but kind of dry. The tacos consisted of the fish and some melted cheese, making them even more dry. I asked for a side order of coleslaw, which was delicious and somewhat spicy. That helped the tacos a lot. I'm surprised they don't put it with the tacos to begin with. The beer was quite cheap; 16 oz for 25 pesos or the obscenely huge liter for 40 pesos. I'll probably go back because the rest of the family wants to, but I won't order the tacos. For myself, this was 3 stars, but I bumped it up to 4 for my son and husband.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank RottHound

San Francisco, CA
“Best Fish Taco in Mazatlan!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is one of the best values in dining in Mazatlan. The grilled fish tacos are the easily the best I have had in Mazatlan...and they are priced right at only 2.50Peso. My wife enjoyed the grilled Mahi for 100.00pesos. The frosty iced mugs were a nice touch to keep our Pacifico's cold!

The restaurant is very clean and the young staff was prompt and just attentive enough.

Located near the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan this restaurant is a nice find.

1 Thank harrye100
San Francisco, CA
“Great food, great price!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I just ate here for the first time this trip. I had the grilled fish taco and a grilled shrimp taco - wonderful!! Fresh, lots of fish and shrimp, great corn tortillas, and very inexpensive. It's not fancy, but the service was great and there's both indoor and outdoor seating. The restaurant is just north of the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan resort, on the other side of the street. I talked to some people who lived on their boat in the marina several weeks out of the year and they said the food has always been good. This will definitely be a return destination! I don't think there's a full bar, but I did see beer and wine. Easy access for those with mobility issues. Going here isn't about the view, it's about good food, great service, and good prices!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mthome15
Eagle, Idaho
“The best fish tacos in the WORLD !!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

2 years ago we were walking down the main street and I noticed a new construction in one of the buildings across from the old Pubeblo Bonita and we sasy a sign that said Fish Market ?
Wow , we went in , said fish tacos ? he sais Si , I am in love !!

The beat fish taco I have ever eaten !! and I've eaten alot!!

Cold beer , fish tacos , I'm in heaven !!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mike T
Benson, Arizona, United States
“Great seafood”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Close to Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan on Sabalo this place is a fish market & restaurant. The food is FRESH FRESH FRESH and cooked to your liking. The fish and shrimp tacos are killer and the calamari is to die for. Highly recommended the service is great, indoor & outdoor patio can get busy fast but worth the wait!

• Visited December 2011