“Experience Of A Life Time!”

Inside Outside Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Inside Outside Charters offers sport fishing off the coast of Mazatlan Mexico. We offer both inshore and offshore trip from our 27 foot center console Super Pangas with twin outboards which includes bottom fishing, light tackle fishing and deep sea fishing. Our captains have over 15 years experience and put you and your group on fish! We encourage you to visit our online video library called "Catch Em' Up" and see how some of our anglers did the past week. Our packages are all-inclusive for daily rates and complete packages.
Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Experience Of A Life Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

If you love fishing, you must book with Chappy!!! We booked a trip with him April 26, 2011. Great communication with the owner via email with reply within 24 hrs. We went with the deep sea fishing, with a great captain he drove the boat out to sea with a 35 to 45 min ride. Explaining all the details of how he looks for fish and how to spot for fish in the area, was a good experience! But nothing will beat pulling in a 8FT 70 to 80 LB Sail Fish!!! Even being a slow day he found one, other charters in the area had no luck. Seeing a number of giant turtles and jumping sea rays was awesome!!! They also know great spots for Mahi Mahi fish super fun to catch!
Do yourself a favor and save money book with Inside Outside Charter!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Traveling4lifeOrfish

Carson City, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fishing in Mazatlan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

I was on the Carnival Splendor during the time she caught on fire and was stranded at sea. I had a deposit with Inside Outside fishing in Mazatlan for a day of fishing with my stepson. We were dead in the water by Sunday morning 6am and could not phone the fishing place. We had a reservation for Wednesday morning for fishing. That was in November 2010... I still have not received my deposit back from Chappy of Inside Outside fishing. He needed more and more time ... the last thing was he wanted to charge me more than 25% penalty for not making the fishing trip. I want to let the people of Trip Advisor to not use that fishing service.
I have been patient waiting and he requesting more time... after depositing $115 he is offering only $85 return. So I told him I'd advertise this situation as best as I could... So hopefully the good people of Trip Advisor will publish this report for the good of the fishing community.

19 Thank boonbear
chappychapman55, Owner at Inside Outside Charters, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
This is my third reply to this and it seems like TA will not allow me to post my original email reply to address this situation so I will have to put it in my words (although I would be glad to forward the original email if needed). This charter was canceled due to the Carnival Splender situation. But what is not being told is that I did (and still do) offer a full deposit as a credit to be used for a future fishing trip. When he did not want to do that, I did send $95 dls back via paypal (the same way I received the deposit) and it was rejected (again, I have the email from Paypal). Unfortunately, he would not accept it b/c he wanted the $115 dls deposit back. Paypal takes 3% of all transactions plus I paid the Captain for the day. Receiving $95 dls back on a "no-show" fishing trip with a deposit of $115 dls if very, very fair. I am very sorry that this happened on the Carnival Cruise ship and did my best to resolve the situation.

I encourage anyone with any doubts to email me directly and I will more then happy to show them the original emails.

Thanks for taking the time to read my reply to this review.

Chappy Chapman (Owner of Inside Outside Charters)
Erie, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Chappy and his crew know fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I first found out about Inside/Outside Charters on Trip Advisor’s Mazatlan Forum.

Based on all the positive comments I read on the Trip Advisor’s Forum I contacted Chappy with Inside/Outside Charters and I eventually booked a bottom fishing charter.

Chappy is the man to talk to about fishing. He works at The Inn at Mazatlan.

He owns one of the boats of the four that he promotes and they are all on the same dock. The boat we used was Chappy's boat it was clean and in excellent shape, a super panga with twin outboards with quality high tech equipment and fully-equipped with the top of line fishing gear.

He always uses the same captain and mate on his charter, they know the boat and they know about fishing (we tipped them).

The dock area is well maintained and has a stainless steel fish cleaning area. A gentleman cleaned our fish (we tipped him).

What impressed me the most was that Chappy followed through with everything he told us about his charter. (Transportation to and from the dock, boat, crew, bait, equipment,refreshments, and cost.)

No regrets, no unpleasant surprises, no extra fees (tipping never included) and will definitely charter next year(2012) with Chappy.

Stop and see him at The Inn at Mazatlan.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank Mr-Nick-Sone
Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day on the water with Inside Outside Charters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

After sifting through all the usual charters down in Mazatlan online I ended up hooking up with Chappy Chapman from Inside Outside Charters. One of the first thing that set him apart from my past experiences with booking charters was how thorough he was in communicating the information that I was looking for. Numerous correspondence both through email and by phone and I knew that I was getting the boat and the quality equipment that I wanted. There are a lot of older outfits out of Mazatlan. Many of them, no doubt, very good but lacked the higher end equipment for the inshore fishing that we wanted to do. Chappy was set up with all the nice Calcutta TE's and Curado 300's all fitted with G Loomis saltwater rods. Top notch stuff and a far cry from the 6 ft. fiberglass rods and old Penn Senators that we were offered to use the previous year in Maz through a different charter. I was lucky I had brought my own gear but gear was lost(and recovered thankfully) twice on both inbound and outbound flights. A huge hassle I didn't want to risk this time down there.

The day of the charter turned out perfect. Chappy arranged a cab to pick us up from our hotel down in centro historico and drive us up to the marina where his outfit is out of(Costa Bonita?). Nice, functional twin outboard center console panga style 27 footer with casting platform at the bow and plenty of room for the four of us to fish(g/f and I, Chappy and mate). We got into Snapper and Perch bottom fishing, casting artificial plugs to schoolie Dorado for a couple hours, and chasing schools of Jacks near shore completed our day out on the water. Cruising back in we enjoyed homemade sandwiches made by Chappy's wife. Also had some breakfast burritos in the morning also made by her. Nice touch! Days end we had boated a half dozen nice edible Dorado and a few dozen Snapper and Perch. A whole cooler full! Candy, the first mate(great guy) fileted the Dorado and we had a restaurant near our hotel cook them up for us. Tasty!

Chappy is a standup guy and knows how to run a charter business right! Very outgoing and I found him a very compatible personality to fish with. A guy I wouldn't mind fishing with in my leisure time. Always willing to try something different to put fish in the boat. We had a great time! Check out his Youtube footage of his charters. He records almost all of them and posts them frequently. We will definitely use his charter again when we're back in Mazatlan, a place we have grown to love.

Visited March 2010
1 Thank dobielovers
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Top Notch Charter Outfit!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

Book your Mazatlan fishing charter with Inside Outside Charters today!!.. That is the best advice I can give, Chappy will not let you down!, I have been on many charters from all around, from Mexico to the Caribbean, inshore and offshore and I have yet to find a Captain / Owner that is into fishing as Chappy and the crew at insideoutside. (and yes I have been on other charter outfits in Mazatlan)

Our day started just as everyone else's did here on the reviews, with a great pickup taxi to the NEW marina, with super breakfast burritos served and the boat ready to go. Chappy asked US what WE (wife and two kids - 6 & 8) wanted out of the day, and did not disappoint. Chappy is great with the kids helping them all the way to land some great fish!,
We trolled for Roosters just out of the marina, hooked a monster with LIVE bait, then headed onto the schools of Jack. GREAT top water action! Chappy and the crew worked hard for us all day making sure EVERYTHING exceeded our expectations.

If your looking for a no hassle fishing charter with top of the line gear and a crew that will put you on the fish and not just take you for a boat ride look no further! ( this is sometimes hard to find as many already know)

I don't say this about any other charter outfits but I will return to Inside Outside Charters again and again!

(anyone can PM me if the have any more questions!)

Thanks Chappy and we will see you our next trip to Maz!

Visited March 2010