All reviewsturtle sanctuaryrobert trent jonespiece of paradisebedroom condostone islandprivate beachfull kitchenper dayedmshuttleoceanresortvacationgolfingvictortennisappliances
Reviewed July 6, 2018

even during summer vacations!. We were there for a week just recently. From the moment to turn into the big complex entrance you'll notice is a well-kept, clean, organized placed. The property is a residential and golf complex that happens to have a resort on one of the sides, beach-front. The rest are big housed and condos and future development areas pending to be sold. Regarding the hotel is very well kept, recently renewed with spacious rooms and facilities. Our room included a two beds rooms with TV with access to the balcony, a living room with another TV also with access to the balcony, dinner table and small kitchen with pretty much all appliances you'll need. The view from even the kitchen to the ocean was superb. The maid (Rosa) was very attentive to our needs, was courteous and very professional.

We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant a couple of days. While the food is not really out of this world, is very good, well served and tasty. For a family of four (two teens) the bill was about 40usd. On Sundays morning they serve buffet

Overall, we had a fantastic time being at this hotel, is really quiet, away from the Mazatlan crowds and salesmen and with a very long beach to enjoy. If you feel the need to go to Mztln for the night activity or something else...it is a very short 25-30 minutes drive....

Room Tip: Ocean view is probably the best you can choose from.....
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We traveled here in March for a week and booked partly due to the great reviews but also because of the $200 credit that was awarded to use towards food, drinks, and golf. When we checked out the credit was not applied, our shuttle was waiting and others were on it so I didn't have time to discuss the matter at check out. I have been dealing with them to apply the credit to my card and they will not. I have it writing with my confirmation that it came with the reservation. I am disappointed to say I will not return to a place that will not keep their word.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JulieBE2013
EstrelladelMar1, General Manager at Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Thank you for comments. We apologize for any misunderstanding. Please know that we are looking into your situation immediately and will be following up with you directly.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

What a peaceful piece of paradise. We can't wait to come back and stay overnight at this beautiful resort. We visited this location on a shore excursion purchased through Carnival. We got to visit the truffle sanctuary located on the property, enjoy a wonderful lunch, and spend the day by the water. The staff was courteous and helpful. The food was delicious. Some of the best soup I've ever eaten. Very reasonable bar service. Beautiful pool and grounds. My children loved the slide and trampoline. So secluded and private.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your comments. We are very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at Estrella del Mar. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We rented a house from a rental company in Mazatlán. It was just me and my wife my in -laws couldn't make it. It had 3 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths very nice, beautifully decorated, very clean. The one problem was the water pressure in the house, at one point there was no water at all for a couple of hours. The house sat on a golf course there was no problem with that. The pool was great hardly any one there it was heated with a warming pool. The beach was awesome very long again nobody around. We ate lunch at the hotel restaurant for lunch bacon burger was good. The next morning we got a ride to the club house for breakfast. I had the Marlin enchiladas very good my wife had chilaquiles with chicken also good. Gael and Victor were very helpful getting us around. This place you will need a car to get around if you need to its 900 acres.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnzo39
Reviewed February 14, 2018

We rented a condo from Dave and Elaine. Well maintained, new furniture with excellent view of the beach. Large pools and hot tubs.
The beach is 'crowded' if you see 3 or more people. Very quiet. Turtle sanctuary beside phase 3. Great dolphin and whale watching.
The people who own and rent units are friendly and helpful. The place has a close knit community feel.
The hotel owns 40 units in phase 3 for renting if phase 1 and 2 are booked. Phase 1 is entirely non smoking :)
Would not recommend the hotel restaurant or golf course restaurant, the quality of food was not up to par. The taco stand has delicious taco's, would recommend the beef, cost about $1.75 a taco.
To see the country side and explore Stone Island or downtown Mazatlán we would recommend you rent a car online from Enterprise. They show up, offer free pick up and drop off service, cost $26.00 with full insurance per day.
Taxi to town and back costs about $50.00