Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
$65
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Beachfront
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$92
Bookit.com
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$180
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$64
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$118
$448
  • Beachfront
$615
  • Pool
All reviewsturtle sanctuaryrobert trent jonessurf fishingpiece of paradisecasa clubbedroom condostone islandprivate beachfull kitchenbeautiful propertyper dayedmshuttleoceanresortvacationgolfing
Reviewed August 23, 2016

I can't believe the gardens and the excellent maintenance of the facilities. I spent the last summer vacation weekend with my family there, the hotel was all empty but the facilities were with the best maintenance possible... we were enjoying a full size pool just for us, with clean water and a beautiful scenario looking to the ocean and seeing the dolphins play in the water.

Room Tip: Even the rooms with garden view have ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Z7081XImarcor
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

We spent 4 nights there. Its really quiet, clean, good service, excellent restaurant but the most important, I forgot mi ipad when I left , personnel were completelly nice and helped me to recover it thru DHL. It is far from Mazatlan downtown and Golden zone, just plan your days or tours and try to comeback on the evening. Its kind of private place,

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Fabiola C
Reviewed July 31, 2016

I will echo what everyone else says: the area and the resort are beautiful!

We had the good fortune to stay at a friend's condo there and were made to feel welcome by all of the staff, but in particular Edgar Octavio Hernandez Nazariega went out of his way to make sure our stay was flawless - and I know we tried his patience at least a few times!

The pool in the phase we stayed in was having a bar installed (can't wait to come back to see the end result) but it was a short, easy walk to the fabulous pools in the other condo phases. Each time we saw it, the hotel pool was well attended with many happy families enjoying it well.

Enjoying the ocean, sunshine or shade of the ample palapas on the beach and having ready means to rinse off afterward made beach-going a breeze!

For a small fee transportation from the resort into Maztalan can be arranged at the front desk. They will even transport you between the condos & hotel/restaurant/spa free of charge (please tip the drivers!) but it's a lovely ~15 minute walk on the beach. There are offices in each condo phase in which there are phones that you can call the front desk or spa. (Look for the double doors on the front & back of the buildings.)

My daughter & I each had satisfying deep tissue massages & facials and she had one of the best mani-pedis yet!

There was an incredible variety of food at the buffets. (I recommend sticking with the local fare.) And the restaurant staff was accommodating when we asked to order off different menus. One morning we arrived too early for the breakfast buffet and were allowed to order directly from the kitchen staff! Talk about accommodating!

I hope we have the good fortune to return to Estrella del Mar very soon!

Thank you all for making our stay so wonderful!

Room Tip: We stayed in a condo at the resort, so can't comment on the hotel rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2016

This resort is going to be updated in the near future so it will be even better, right now the rooms are a little dark but they are very very well sized and comfortable. The views from the rooms are amazing and the room I had included a very good size balcony overlooking the ocean. The service was very good, although my room key only worked about half of the time, very friendly people. Looking forward to going back once the updates are complete!!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2016

We have spent four visits here as we have traveled the west coast of Mexico. We always find this hotel welcoming and comfortable. Almost hate to mention it. But it is a very comfortable and quiet break from Mazatlan"s tourist crowd. The beach is immediate and a great walking beach, not so great for swimming or surf play. There is a terrific golf course (I'm told as i don't golf but it sure looks nice). Several nice swimming pools and decent dining. Possibly a little spendy but worth the extra nickels.

Room Tip: Splurge for ocean view room.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple