“Only people there on n Friday evening”
Review of Carlos & Lucia's

Carlos & Lucia's
Ranked #21 of 439 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Great Cuban restaurant toward the north end of the Golden Zone.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I each had dishes from the Cuban menu. Both were good but not great. Certainly not as good as we have had in Miami or Havana or even Vancouver. While others on this site praised the Mojitos, the doubles my wife and i had were disappointing. The mint did not seem right — perhaps not fresh enough or the wrong kind, not sure. The service was good, but we made the mistake of praising Cuba to the owner. He is very anti-Casto and right wing. Do not talk politics with him if you are even a little left of centre.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Way overrated in our opinion.. Mango margarita didn't even taste like mango. Consistency was like watered down mango soup. The mojito was the worst as declared by my wife who claims to be a mojito expert...the food was just ok and nothing to get excited about.. Average salsa and chips out of a package...we will not return.... There are to many great restaurants in mazatlan. Be sure to take pesos if you decide to go...NO CREDIT CARDS...

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hola,
Have lived in Mazatlan (part-time) for 7 years. Rode by bus, by this restaurant many time... Don't be put off by the exterior....Actually nice inside..
A Friend visiting for the 1st time, wanted some Cuban food. I- Never having been to Carlos & Lucias, thought Hmmmm.... Why not give it a try. After all I can go anywhere and get mexican food.. We thoroughly enjoyed the food. All 4 of us had the Pork Asada.... I will highly this this place to all my amigos, here in Maz. We are definately heading back.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place. Carlos is very friendly and accomodating. He is very knowledgeable about sustainable fishing. I ordered the ceviche as an appetizer. The fish ceviche was fresh, the flavours well balanced. You can tell that the fish used was fresh and high quality. The portion was large enough for 4 people to have as an appetizer. Pair it with a Cuban michelada. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First off: mojitos, mojitos, mojitos...if you come here you have to try one, they are DELICIOUS! The food was flavorful and yummy! It was nice to sample another cuisine - with authentic Caribbean flavors and spices, it was a great venture into an epicurean meal we've yet to experience. We'd for sure go back and highly recommend it! Lively & delicious food and the staff are incredibly personable and friendly - top notch service!

1  Thank dmhansow