“A delicious home-style meal.”
Review of Carlos & Lucia's

Carlos & Lucia's
Ranked #22 of 414 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Cuban restaurant toward the north end of the Golden Zone.
“A delicious home-style meal.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is on the main strip and definitely caters to visitors; however, the food selection is authentic Mexican and Cuban. We enjoyed the "asado cubano" and "ropa vieja", two tasty Cuban dishes. The owner was very friendly and spoke excellent English, though we asked him to speak Spanish so we can practice. He was happy to oblige.

Richfield, Minnesota
“Best home made cooking in Mazatlan”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I have come to Carlos & Lucia's on every single trip we have taken to Mazalan for 4 years in a row now. Every single time, we try new things and we have to say that we have not tried a single item on the menu that has disappointed us to date.

Carlos will always welcome you with a smile, greet you personally and even remember the table you sat on the previous year (!!!). You can find here the best mojitos we have had in the longest time.... ask Carlos for his secret to their awesome taste, we are not going to spoil it for you.

Lucia's cooking is the best home made fare we have tried in Mazatlan. in a place where there are a lot of name brands that have a signature preparation, it is refreshing to find a place where you can come and enjoy cooking good enough to write home about.

Las Vegas
“Sunday Breakfast”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very relaxing and the food is really good. The owner was our waiter, service was great!! We have also been there for lunch. Food is very flavorful.

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best food in Mazatlan”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

First off - the best mojito I've ever had, and reason enough to seek out Carlos & Lucia's anytime you're in Mazatlan. But if that's not enough, the warm, friendly staff and amazing food would bring me back any day. We had the pleasure of meeting both Carlos (originally from Mexico) and Lucia (originally from Cuba) and tasting their truly delicious Cuban AND Mexican food (I can actually vouch for both cuisines, because after trying the Cuban style grilled shrimp I went back the very next day and had fish and chicken tacos). Both times, the food was flavorful, authentic, and a wonderful relief from the typically boring fair of the nearby resorts. Do yourself a favor if you're in Mazatlan - step away from the hotel buffet and find this place!

Denver
“Soooo Great! Go Here!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife were walking down the road and this man said hello and asked if we would like to look over his menu. We weren't planning on eating there but his prices were good and he was friendly and spoke very good English. We ventured on to the restaurant we had intended to go to, looked over their menu and turned around and headed back to Carlos & Lucias. Turns out the man talking to us was in fact Carlos! He sat us down on the patio and immediately got us drinks, my wife had a Pina Colada, and I had the famous Mojitos. Both were very good. Carlos also answered all the questions about the menu, My wife went with the Cuban Sandwich and I had the Deviled Shrimp. Both were so delicious, and Carlos sat and the 3 of us talked for a few hours. We also met his son Carlos Jr. We enjoyed the place so much we went back for breakfast, also very good, my wife had the french toast and i had plain old eggs and bacon, not exactly adventurous but awesome none the less. I needed to make a phone call to set up our shuttle to the airport and Carlos even let me use his calling card, the pay phone across the street was broken, so he then let me use his cel phone. Talk about customer service! What a great place! Awesome food and a staff that treats you like family. GO HERE!!!!

Visited November 2012