“The Brenster”

Diego's Casa de Playa
Ranked #73 of 430 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Diego's Beach House is an outdoors bar & restaurant that specializes in smoked ribs, grilled steaks and burgers, and fresh local seafood. Sitting right by the ocean, it's perfect for a day at the beach or you can soak in one of the two chilled water tubs. It plays folk and reggae music at day and more modern upbeat music later in the night, the atmosphere is cool and family oriented.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is our favorite place to hang out! The food is so very good as well as the service. On Tuesday afternoons (3-6) there is an entertainer who sings and plays a guitar. The crowd (mostly Canadians and Americans) dance and have a wonderful time.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Food is good and the drinks are great. You can pay $20 for all you can drink or $5 entrance. The best part on a Tuesday afternoon is Brentster! He is a wonderful western singer and entertainer. He is a real crowd pleaser. This is a real party on Tuesday afternoon with usually 200 people dancing on the beach. There are other entertainers but I'm not sure which days. Great atmosphere and very safe.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Went on Tuesday night for "the Brentster' Beach Bash" The music was great, the food was good and the beach was terrific. A great place to go for food, fun and sun

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Tuesday night-- Brenster. This place is awesome. We went with a group of friends to watch Brenster. It was an awesome beach party, glad we called and reserved the front row seats. We had a blast, Brenster is a really really good country singer and puts on an amazing beach party. Go hang out and have fun, all you can drink for 20 dollars. It's worth it and u are sure to have fun.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We ate at Diego's Beach House in 2010 and again in March 2012. The food is great but it seems that over the years it has become more American/TexMex than authentic Mexican. It's still tasty, but my daughter didn't want to go there a second meal because she felt it was too much like eating in the USA. (I'm sorry that I did not veto her decision as now I wish we had gone again!)
I had a Diego's salad which was full of fruit and nuts along with the normal lettuce & tomato. My husband had a burger and my daughter ate a shrimp dish. We all enjoyed our food.
We also enjoyed the entertainment. We went on a Saturday night and the band was outstanding. They may have been from the USA because they sang with no accents. Diego's also has a dance floor which was extra nice. Patrons were not shy about getting up to dance, so it was a lot of fun for my husband and me to join them. When we looked back at our daughter, one of the waiters was dancing with her at the table!
All in all, Diego's Beach House is a good place to eat and have fun.