“You will enjoy yourself immensely with Rudy and Camacho.”

Mazatlan Bike Tours
Ranked #15 of 54 Tours in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the coutryside around Mazatlan by bike. For example in the afternoon, I take you to the trails with the single tracks and finish on the top at the mountain where the view is just marvelous. I call that one adventure "sunset biking". The one in the morning is for admiring the nature and the environment with a little bit adrenaline but the people in the tour chose the degree of difficulty.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I highly recommend that those of you who visit Mazatlán treat yourself and spend a morning or afternoon riding bikes with Rudy and Camacho. I visited Mazatlán during September and because of the heat we started the ride early in the morning. It was a fantastic experience to be out riding as the sun rose and to experience the natural environments, vegetation and wildlife, and the locals of the area surrounding the city. We rode by a school on the outskirts of town as the students were at attention while their National Anthem played to start their school day. We would greet the local workers as they headed off to work on their bikes, riding in the opposite direction. We went on mountain bike trails, we were in the jungle, we visited a ghost town/former hacienda, we rode along the beach and saw schools of fish. We finished our ride enjoying a brunch at a thatched roof, open aired family restaurant, scrambled eggs, refried beans and nopalitos (cactus) and freshly made blue corn tortillas with coconut water from coconuts that they split open for us. Rudy and Camacho are very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Rudy sent me an e- mail before the tour to ascertain my height, to be certain that the bike size would be correct. They brought a large amount of energy drinks, water and fresh fruit, which Rudy had strapped to his bike. Rudy speaks fluent English. I rode between the two of them on the trails. They were attentive the entire trip. I ride a bike often, but mostly in the city. At one point I rode through a large puddle and jammed up the wheel and brakes with mud. We stopped right away and Rudy jumped off his bike and with a piece of tree bark he spent a few minutes removing the mud to be able to continue the ride. Various times during the ride, we would stop to rest in the shade and replenish fluids. And Rudy and Camacho would tell me the possible routes we could take to continue the ride - shorter routes and longer more strenuous routes - all up to me. They had picked me up promptly at my hotel and in the afternoon dropped me back off at my hotel. They allowed me to rent the bike and helmet for my other days in Mazatlán at a very reasonable rate. In all Rudy made two additional trips to my hotel, later the same day he brought me a bike lock, and when he arrived to pick up the bike he brought me a CD full of photos he took during our ride - awesome action shots. Do yourself a favor and take a break from the beach and spend some hours riding with these two incredible guys. It was defenitely one of the highlights of my awesome vacation in Mazatlán. Rudy y Camacho, muchas gracias por todo. Su nuevo amigo, Andrew

1  Thank Andrew S
in 3 reviews
in 23 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I did a ride with Rudy and Camacho back in 2010. The idea was to go to El Quelite which was 60ish miles round trip. The route we took was amazing. It was really cool to get out of the tourist area and see some small towns. We also saw some amazing wildlife. The bike that was provided was in great shape, and may have even been lighter than my road bike.

As an avid road biker I had underestimated the difficulty of riding dirt roads in the heat. Rudy had a great route on dirt roads, but ultimately, I bonked. He was very attentive to my hydration and found the best route back to the start. We ended up doing about 25-30 miles in total. It was an unforgettable experience, and I would love to take another ride with Rudy next time I am in Mazatlan. I cannot recommend him enough.

2  Thank Cazadores
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Me and my dad rode mountain bikes with Rudy and it was so much fun! I would definitely recommend to ride with him if you want to see some of the local trails in Mazatlan. He took us on a very nice ride through some very challenging and also more easy trails! Anyone looking for a good mountain bike ride in Mazatlan you should definitely go with Rudy!

2  Thank Jessica18154943
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Always fun to ride with Rudy! I have know him for 15 years and ridden with him several times. As a ride leader he is responsible, thoughtful, full of great information about the local area and fun to ride with! He is also a very skilled rider but lets the client dictate the ride pace. Highly recommend using his services while in Mazatlan!

3  Thank Brian M