“Good location in Mazatlan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Palace Hotel / Suites

Luna Palace Hotel / Suites
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Tacoma
“Good location in Mazatlan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first trip to Mazatlan and we were very pleased with the Luna Palace. It is in a great location, right on the beach, within walking distance of many restaurants, convenience stores, and an ATM. Our rooms had 2 queen size beds in the bedroom and 2 twins in the living room. There was a nice kitchen so we bought drinks, coffee, and some food, especially for breakfast and snacks. We had to pay a deposit to unlock the kitchen cabinets but we were fine with that. The room was kept very clean. There were 2 complete bathrooms. In the master bath, there was a window that was easily observable from the balcony of another room above, which made me a little uncomfortable. I would recommend the management put some kind of covering over it. We were approached several times about hearing about their timeshare opportunities but it was not a hard-sell, which we appreciated. There is an outdoor restaurant across the street that makes fresh fruit smoothies, which we got for breakfast some days. We had a corner room so had a deck that overlooked the ocean and wrapped around to overlook the pool area. It was perfect! The deck is narrow but big enough for a few chairs. I would also suggest that the deck furniture be updated, it was very uncomfortable, but again, no big deal. We just pulled out a couple of chairs from inside.
We were pleasantly surprised and would stay there again. We had no trouble with noise as some reviews have said.

Room Tip: We had room 601 (I'm pretty sure). It had a great view of the ocean and a large deck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Francisco, EU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Extremely nice accommodations, which far surpassed my expectations. This will be my preferred place to stay in Mazatlan from now on. Being on a strict budget, this hotel was affordable for me and very "deluxe" at the same time. ...plus free WiFi in the rooms plus computer in the lobby was great. Plus the staff were very nice and always looking for ways to be helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I googled tons of places prior to my vacation. I settled on Luna Palace and I am so glad I did! My stay was more than affordable. I was thinking it would be bug infested or run down because of how much I was saving not going with other, more fancier hotels. But, I was wrong! There were a few ants when I left some food out, but as long as I cleaned up after myself, there was no issue. The staff was friendly and nice. My room had a small kitchen which was great because it really cut down on eating out everyday. There was a fresh fruit and veggie market a few blocks up. The hotel is right on the beach. My room faced the ocean, which was perfect! I got to wake up and fall asleep to the sound of waves and watch the sunset every night. The pool is big and clean. I'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the ocean!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ally P
San Diego, USA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff was on top of everything, the rooms are very clean. The front desk were glad to help you with directions anywhere you want to visit in Maza. The service was extremely personal and friendly. Book online for the best deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank laila_S829
San Francisco, USA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We just got a pleasant holiday in Mazatlan. we had made a reservation at another hotel initially, unfortunately on arrival was not what we expected, so we arrived at Luna Palace and had everything... suite was large, the beds extremely comfortable, very clean, had a small balcony with beautiful ocean view. We enjoyed the trip to Stone Island, also the Plazuela Machado in old Mazatlan. Overall the hotel is small but very private and excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marielle B
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Upon arrival I got switched here from my reservation at Oceano Palace and expected the worst. I was SOOO wrong. Great room, great view, wonderful pool, wonderful service. And since I am afraid of heights they honoured my original request for a low floor. The WiFi antenna is at the pool so I got WiFi in my room and everywhere else.
The front desk woman was a multitasking wonder. Give her a raise. Ivan thank you. Jorge, my grandson still remembers you in his nightly "happy thoughts" and you made my stay a joy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were passing by Mazatlan on our drive back to Canada - and decided to take a break and check out Mazatlan. After cruising the hotel strip, we randomly chose Luna Palace - and were really pleased with our stay there. The front desk invited us to take a look at the rooms that were available (gave us a choice of 3); the one we chose looked out over the pool and ocean, was roomy, clean - and even had a small counter/kitchen area that would've made it easy to prep snacks-fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, etc. etc. We went down to the pool area and enjoyed a refreshing swim in the pool, chatted with some Mexican hotel guests who were returning from the States, and enjoyed a cerveza as we watched the sun slowly set. Later we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, enjoying a tasty grilled fish dish and chicken fajitas. We found the staff friendly, the hotel comfortable and the food good - we happily recommend this hotel to
vacationers. Small side note - we had to pay cash upfront for drinks at the pool - no process for charging them to our room....remember to bring some pesos with you when you head to the pool area.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies overlooking the water are lovely
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple