“Much friendlier this time-Excellent Food”
Review of Molika Bakery - CLOSED

Molika Bakery
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff were much nicer this visit! The food was excellent although portions (quiche and salad) were on the smaller side. This may be a good thing as it leaves room for great desserts. I respect the chef as the variety on the menu is wonderful. That is hard to find in Mazatlan. As a friend of mine says, sometimes it tastes like the food in Maz is all from one kitchen. Not here. Nice vegetarian choices too! Great place and nicer staff. Thanks Molika!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Enjoyed lunch and dinner at Molika and loved both. Got to know Hector the chef as he asked to join us for lunch, providing insight on his bakery and cafe and plans for expansion. My dinner selection was grilled portobello and roast chicken salad. It was delicious. Chicken cooked perfectly. At 95 pesos, it is a bargain! For lunch, I had the sea bass cooked in a broth served with small roasted tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes. Also got a loaf of his multigrain bread, fresh from his ovens. He is known for his breads. This restaurant is casual, friendly with a chef and staff that are super friendly and attentive. I highly recommend it if you are in the Mazatlan central district!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This bakery is amazing. I was told about it by people who live in Mazatlan several months a year. I believe the pastries are French. We had some little pastry that was harder on the outside than the inside - I can't remember what they're called, but they were amazing.
For lunch I had the portobello mushroom and chicken salad and my niece had the bruschetta with shrimp. Both were unbelievably delicious! I highly recommend checking this out. It's very close to Plaza Machado and down the street from Athina Spa. If you have mobility issues, it's probably best to take a taxi. A massage at the spa followed by lunch at Molika would be a great afternoon!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went one evening with our party of eight and enjoyed seafood, duck, beef,and chicken. Couldn't resist the date muffin with homemade carmel sauce with ice cream and the bread pudding with fruit and ice cream. The owner/chef visited with us and our waitress was so good. We even went back just for dessert another night. Again wonderful!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great specials, duck, prime rib, salmon. Very good regular menu with grilled ahi tuna, salad niceoise, grilled vegetables, grilled fillet and an assortment of excellent sandwhiches and salads.
Very good and helpful service and a personable chef/owner who will customise your selection.
Very well priced.