“Great adventure in Mazatlan”

Veraneando Adventure Zipline Tour and River Ride Tour
Ranked #7 of 47 Tours in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: The Veraneando Adventure Zipline Tour and NEW River Ride Tour that are in the small town of Veranos (55 km. from Mazatlan.) They includes round trip transportation (from hotel, resort, cruise ship or condo), lunch and 12 ziplines and/or the new river ride tour. The tours takes you through the country side of the area around Mazatlan. Then to the town of Veranos where you get to experience adrenaline rush of the 12 ziplines and/or the new river ride. After the amazing experience of riding all 12 ziplines and/or the new river ride tour then you enjoy a Mexican lunch of fresh salsa, shredded beef burritos, a local cheese dish (Tequila cheese) and complimentary beverage in the town of Veranos prepared by one of the woman of the town in her home. These are the best tours giving you a chance to contribute a town and have a excellent time on your vacation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Tacoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great adventure in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was so much fun. My husband and I were the only ones ziplining on our trip. The van driver was great and the zipline guides were awesome and helpful. We were picked up at our hotel in an air-conditioned van, taken through the jungle where the driver would point out interesting things, and then taken to the village where the guides were waiting. There are clean restrooms available. You are given good instructions and then off you go. The guides really watch out for your safety. You go back for a delicious lunch and then a tour of their small Tequila factory. Then back to your hotel. The whole things was great. We had never gone ziplining before, but will definitely go again. Wear good shoes and bring a camera you can strap to your wrist.

Visited August 2012
VeraneandoAdventure, Gerente at Veraneando Adventure Zipline Tour and River Ride Tour, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Good day,

Thank you for sharing your adventure experience with us.
We are glad you had a great time.
We will wait for you here in Veranos village.

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“If you have a need for speed...go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had a great time on this zipline adventure. The equipment was firstrate, the guides could not have been better to make the trip with, the ride to the zipline was interesting and the driver was willing to stop for pictures any time asked. The ride itself is in 12 (!!!) sections, has a variety of rides (as in some long and leisurely, some steep and fast), covers a lot of wonderful terrain and gives you ample time to enjoy the ride. You will have time to tour the real Mexico village (rather that what tourists often see), see a dancing horse, eat a wonderful meal, taste various tequilas, visit a candy factory (using the word factory somewhat loosely) and can even watch a pair of sandles being made and buy them if you wish. Your trip can be arranged through Skippo at the Playa Bruja on the beach in Mazatlan...which is a great place to go as well. Have a great trip!

1 Thank Kathy S
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Veraneando Adventure.
We are very glad you liked our tour.
We look forward seeing you soon.

Tillsonburg, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Ziplining was amazing..We had the best tour guides they explained everything and showed us exactly what we needed to do..There was 8 in our group we all had a good time and enjoyed the ziplining the lunch and the Tequila tour..We also got to sample some Tequila..

Visited February 2013
Good day,

Thank you for your comment.
We are happy you liked our service.
We hope to see you many times more.

Victoria, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun for a First Timer and Seasoned Zippers ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was traveling with my two daughters and one's boyfriend. They all had zipped before ... I had not. Not that I suffer from vertigo or the poke-a-doodles but any first time experience usually has a learning curve.

The guides made it easy to understand the process and how to be safe (which my children scolded me for ignoring ... I didn't always feel like braking very hard when instructed to ... preferring the speed). The guides were good natured and obviously interested in everyone enjoying their day.

The trip to the zip-lines is a bit long (an hour each way) over twisty sometimes rough roads. Gravol may be a good idea for those who find motion sickness an issue. But don't let this stop you, the trip is worthwhile.

Water is supplied at the site, however you may want to bring along a small bottle for the trip to and from. There is a traditional Mexican lunch after, which was plentiful and delicious (beer included).

There is a free tour of the local "Craft Tequila Distillery". It is very quaint and obviously local. They gave us samples and the flavoured ones were more like liquours (coffee and almond).

In all a very fun day out and given all that was included ... a bargain. My children tell me comparable zip-lines in Canada are at least 50% more costly and don't usually include all the "value added" things like transportation and lunch etc.

When I asked, our driver explained that the zip-line is the main source of income for most of the people in the little town at the foot of the hill. So it is nice that our good time is also helping support their community.

We did tip the guides, servers and driver and we welcomed the chance to do so, as they all seemed genuinely interested in our enjoyment of our day with them.

Allow the better part of the day (at least until dinner), it is a leisurely outing with some moments of high adrenaline thrown in for good measure.

1 Thank crpolo
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Veraneando Adventure.
We are very glad you all enjoyed that day.
We hope to see you many times more here.

Boise, Idaho
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“You CAN do this (even if you are a wimp!) but choose Veraneando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went with my two, much more adventurous friends and had a great time. We signed up with Skippo at Playa Bruja / Mr. Lionso's restaurant. We have been loyal customers of Skippo there for several years, so ask for him, now that he is representing the tours and activities. We were picked up at our resort and after checking in at Playa Bruja for a drink of choice we were driven through the real jungle on a very old and actually historic "road". There are places where the drive to the zipline would be a tour of its own! After arriving at the Zipline, we were turned over to four incredibly charming and helpful young men who were our guides and teachers (and pals, too). These great amigos helped us every step of the way. Well, they helped me, my adventurous friends did not need much help. When I was nervous, one of the guides actually went with me down the line and because of his kindness and patience and great sense of humor, it was really fun. I actually did not have much sense of heights and with my new amigos, I felt completely safe. I went on the last three lines solo and it was great. This zipline course has twelve lines through different parts of the jungle. Great views, interesting plants and birds to see. Unlike another ziplines this one simply ends at ground level, without having to go down a separate vertical line as described for the other zipline courses. Save room for the included lunch, it is great and plentiful. The after-lunch tour of a small tequila "factory" was interesting, samples provided of special flavored tequilas and a whole different outlook on cottage industry. I would recommend this tour to even the faint of heart and when you get home you will have great stories!

1 Thank Norma J
Hello,

We are very glad you had a great time at Veraneando Adventure.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.
We hope to see you very soon.