Mariana Beach Apartments & Hotel
$68
$65
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
$68
  • Beachfront
$452
$135
  • Beachfront
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$556
$55
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
  • Pool
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$105
$83
  • Pool
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)
$130
$102
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$70
$61
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$183
$176
$564
$168
All reviewsper nightpotlucknoiseguestscanadianoceangoldzone
Reviewed January 18, 2012

my wife and i stayed here at the mariana in 2011 and we are going back in 2012 for 6 weeks the rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is close to everthing restaurants,clubs and shopping we plan to return as often as we can. Alfredo and verneen are terrific hosts and the staff are friendly and polite.highly recomended .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The owners Verneen and Alfredo truly make you feel like welcomed guests in their home. One evening during our stay, most of the Mariana guests went to a baseball game together--all organized by Vern. It was a really fun evening, despite the fact that many of the guests appeared to still be weary from the hotel Christmas eve party! (which we missed, but sounded riotous) The Mariana is not fancy, but it is clean and we all felt safe and well looked after. Mazatlan is a great combination of a vibrant and historical Mexican city and good beach fun in the sun.

Room Tip: Go to their web site, they are all different
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JaneSmith123
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This place is awesome- super affordable, clean, and owned by an great couple(Vern & Alfredo) ready to make the stay a memorable one. We had driven down from the states and planned to stop over for a night or two, but when Vern reminded us that the Dia De Los Muertos was in a week we unpacked the van and stayed! 100 meters from the beach and with a great restaurant downstairs, the stay was great. Vern and Alfredo invited us to go to the d.d.l.m. celebration in Machado plaza, and we danced and partied all night! Great place!

Room Tip: each floor has a great patio with a grill. the top floor/roof has a killer view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed November 26, 2011

It was in a perfect location and it was 80 steps to the ocean,,, sunset from the roof top was beautiful,, and it was a very warm, caring, friendly employees. Thank you, we will return, Tina H

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The Marianna Hotel is perfect for a cheaper alternative to the higher priced hotels if your looking for a longer stay or on a budget.

Vern and Alfredo are what really make this place special. They will go out of their way to make sure you have as pleasant stay as possible. For example..They rearranged a room and took out a bed I didn't need after my friend left. They called and set appointments for horseback riding, dentist, massages etc. I enjoyed several nights of playing Sequence with them and others staying there. Vern even went horseback riding with me.

The maids are awesome and I had fun trying to learn Spanish. Dora is absolutely the best and always makes sure the rooms are as clean as can be. Never saw any bugs which is a big thing for me.. no ants!

I loved the music from Gus Gus and rarely missed the fire dancers that showed up around 8pm. I had a birds-eye view and the whole rooftop patio to dance around on. I was worried about the 3 flights of stairs to the rooftop but they are smaller steps and wasn't nearly as bad as I thought they would be. I found myself using them a few times as exercise and to warm up.... Nights got very cold this year.

I stayed in 3 different rooms and overall I liked the rooftop the best.
The Fishermen's Apt was my favorite for the spaciness, the view out the window and having a separate bedroom with multiple people is a plus.
The Bungalow's thatched roof is really cool with the lights. This room would be great in warmer weather. No problem with getting lots of extra blankets.
The Beach Suite is a spacious room but not so much in the bathroom. A tall person would be ducking in the shower.

Some highlights ... The bus stops right out front. Walking distance to Mega, casino, shops and restaurants. Locked gate at night. Lots of plants, tables, chairs, loungers. Internet worked great. Feeding the birds. Great grilled steaks (Jake, their cute little dog always got the bone) very close to the beach with beautiful sunsets on the rooftop. Poncho and his huge jug of hot cocoa and other treats every morning( awesome cheesecake) and a fresh shrimp vendor on sat mornings.

Thank you Vern and Alfredo for the wonderful stay and memories.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo