“Excellent Destination”

Las Palmas
Ranked #73 of 81 Hotels in Mazatlan
“Excellent Destination”
Reviewed March 5, 2004

WOW... what an exciting place to be. I laughed at all those country club cats who PAID for their rooms while i got the same exact product at Las Palmas for half the cost. The staff is excellent, and the rooms are very traditional. This hotel is definately a 4 star. I cant wait to stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Solo
Business
Reviewed January 27, 2004

You get what you pay for and when going to Mexico, it's better to pay a higher price for a five star hotel and read the reviews. I've stayed in seedy places in the U.S. but this place was the bottom of the barrel.
Bathroom reminded me of a run down gas station restroom on a rural country road. There was no toilet seat. Floors were dirty. I never took my shoes off until I got into the bed and I checked it nightly for insects. The place scared me away from Mexico but my memory is fading and I'm considering going to Puerto Vallarta. I'll be staying in a five star hotel.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Mazatlan hotels

Reviewed January 13, 2004

We were very disappointed in this place. The lack of maintenance shows in the dirty poolside, a bathroom that was below acceptable standards.
The staff is friendly enough, but a hotel should provide coathangers, and you shouldn't have to ask for clean towels. The music from the bar is so loud that it is impossible to sit outside from 10am to 8pm and enjoy. We moved elsewhere. You may as well pay the extra and go to a better place right off the bat.

• Stayed January 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2003

My friend and I stayed there for 2 weeks. What a dissapointment. We were so jealous of the people who got to stay at nicer hotels. The grounds were nice, huge pool and very spread out, but the rooms and "amenities" were awful. The maids used the same dirty water to clean the floors in all the rooms, so the floors smelled really bad. The bathrooms were iffy, they never felt clean. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The decor was straight out of the 70's; heavy lime green drapes with white polka dots that made the rooms seem hotter than ever.
There was also no air conditioning. There was a big gazebo with a bar and darts that was supposed to be open every night, but it wasn't open once the whole 2 weeks. We never got an explanation why. The food in the main restaurant was average (hot dogs instead of turkey in our club sandwiches?) The proximity to the beach and shopping however couldn't have been better, and the actual rooms were set very far off the main road which made the balconies and pool areas very private. One thing our tour operator told us is that the maids have sticky fingers so don't leave your makeup or spare change lying around. Every day when we left we literally packed everything up in our suitcases and locked them, and we never had a problem. Except for the one day I left my eyeliner out on the dresser and when we came back it was gone. For two 21 year olds there for a good time the hotel was "acceptable". But still we would have preferred a place where we would have felt more comfortable relaxing in.

4 Thank Jess12383
Reviewed June 22, 2003

when we got to this hotel..what a shocker..its was so so ...we had to change rooms 3 times musty moldy smell staff were nice but..the hotel needs a brush up..please remember to bring raid with you also...

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member