Oceano Palace Beach Hotel
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$151
Bookit.com
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$190
$92
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$101
  • Pool
Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$145
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$124
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$92
$87
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$217
$701
  • Beachfront
$875
1,075 results
All reviewsocean view roomocean sideexchange ratestone islandoceanawaitersgringoblastblendermargaritasvendorshousekeeperadrian
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was late and we thought the hotel had been redone... boy was that a mistake..It took forever to check in and we were the only ones in the lobby!
When we got to the room I was going to take a shower. The bathroom did not look too clean and when I pushed back the shower curtain there was a cockroach!! Yikes.
So no shower.
The beds were just a mattress on top of a concrete slab. They did not have remote controls for the tv. The rooms were hot when we entered. The ac was not on so had to wait for it to cool down.
And the sliding glass doors opened up to nothing... 5 stories up! Where is the building inspector when you need one? Thank goodness our 4 year old grandson was too tired to check out the view.
We woke up to our car in the parking lot being rearended.. and the hotel held no responsibility and nothing- absolutely nothing was done. The truck that had hit us was just sitting there but the hotel staff could not tell us who it was. They fail to take the driver license info in Mexico.
We left as soon as possible in the morning.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank irishtravelers6812
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Staff do not go out of the way to help you. But its clean and cheap. Staff seem to congregate and socialize instead of trying to serve you. Don't stay over the weekend kids seem to run the show. Very little supervision.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank anthonypill
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in Mazatlan only 5 days, would have loved me to be more. we made our reservation online and we had a great deal. This hotel is being remodeled, the room was not all that great but facilities like restaurant, pool, beach, excellent. a friend recommended it to us, we are young and we like to have fun, I found a hotel with a great atmosphere and good service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dere C
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Among many unpleasant things, the most aggravating was ordering 2 screwdrivers at the restaurant and being brought straight orange juice. We waited for 10 minutes to return them and the waiter never came to the table. We were going to order additional ones with the booze on the side. After having to get up from the table after 10 minutes of the waiter not coming anywhere near our table and tracking him down so he'd come to the table, I complained about the absence of vodka in our drinks to which the waiter just up and walked away from the table. This waiter who did not even smile or make us feel welcome at all, disappeared and did not return to the table at all. After another 10 minutes or so (no exaggeration), I saw the waiter talking to a man who looked to be the manager and pointing over to our table. This "manager" skipped right past our table and started talking to the table next to us and then left that table without speaking to us. At this point we got up and left. Walked right by the waiter who said nothing to us. Later that day, about for hours after this incident when checking out from the hotel, they sent some kid looking to be security, to try and charge us for these screw drivers. I told him I wasn't going to pay him and that he better send the manager over. The manager denied ignoring us in the restaurant and said that after the waiter had alerted him to the situation he turned around and we were already gone. He bold face lied to me and denied his lie as I continued to call him out on it and the terrible service and insisted that we pay or he would call the police. I eventually ended up paying him for 2 orange juices instead of screwdrivers which were only 5 pesos less each. I am a hospitality manager, I would have easily just let that go after a complaint of such horrible service to try to save a tiny shred of dignity. Not these people. The manager's excuse was that we were not the only people in the hotel and that they were busy and I needed to wait my turn regardless. WHAT? After 20 minutes of being ignored, we ended up drinking our watered down OJ's because we were thirsty. It was first thing in the morning and were a tad hung over. This hotel is also built with nothing but sound wave reflecting surfaces. No carpet anywhere. There were a couple different conventions of teens and young adults screaming and running the halls alllllll night long into the morning hours and security could seem to do nothing about controlling any of this. I will definitely never return to this hotel, probably never Mazatlan for that matter. The girls at the front desk were mostly accommodating but still no one in this hotel smiled at all expect for one waiter with silver hair that we had one time. One last thing, our bed was rock hard and didn't not get any good sleep in a week there! Also, avoid the jerks in front of the hotel trying to rent jet skies and para sailing. They will rip you off if they can. People tried to rip us off everywhere we went. Luckily I speak fluent Spanish and for this was able to avoid getting hosed everywhere but having to battle it was exhausting. Try to stay at one of the more business oriented hotels like Fiesta Inn. Nice, quiet, great views and great rooms. And make sure you eat at Pancho's!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank TireFire
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the Oceano Palace in July. It was a last minute cheap trip which I enjoyed for the most part. It was a little way's out of the golden zone but the walk was manageable. Especially if you don't go during the off season time when it's really hot! The food was good at the hotel and there was a restaurant next door (Tony's on the beach) which had good food as well. The staff at the hotel and the restaurant next door were very kind and accomodating. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and we both slept really well. My only complaint was that there is someone singing music first thing in the morning at 8:00 am and it was right outside my balcony, but several floors down. It always woke me in the morning. I wanted to sleep in a bit since I was on vacation. If the music started at 10:00 am, that would be totally acceptable.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends