WINNER WONDERLAND

“We had the breakfast buffet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Cid Golf & Country Club

El Cid Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the heart of the Golden Zone of Mazatlan, El Cid Golf & Country Club is the perfect option for an afternoon of indulgence or outdoor action. Offering exclusive, outstanding golf and tennis amenities and services, this private club features a 27-hole Championship style golf course designed by Lee Trevino that hosts international and national annual tournaments; nine tennis courts facilities, a full service Spa & Salon, a fitness center and an outdoor lap pool. In addition to these sporting facilities, visitors may also enjoy wonderful, exquisite meals at the club house. Whether you are in a mood for deliciously cooked grilled steaks or sushi specialties, El Cid Country Club offers first class services for a relaxing day experience.
Salt Lake City, Utah
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We had the breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was very good. The resort is fabulous, but not where I stayed. They offer tours as you leave the airport and some other travelers took them up on the deal and got tons of benefits including 3 tours and 2 meals.

Visited April 2013

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great course and pro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We visited the El Cid course 4 times during our last trip and took 2 lessons from Jose who is their pro. We are basic beginners and he was very patient and a great teacher.

Auburn, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good day in the sun chasing my dream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nice course which is well groomed. 40+ years old. Our caddie Caesar was fantastic. He has been caddying for over 43 years.
Greens were tight and fast.

Calgary
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good golf and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I played 5 rounds and my wife played 3 rounds and we both had a great time here. The course itself was not overly difficult as it was pretty wide open - it helped having a caddie to spot the ball all the time. I lost a few balls but not because of the difficulty of the course, more so because of my shankopotomous swing. It's nice to have 27 holes there which is great because playing 5 rounds in 5 days at least I got a bit of variety. The only knock on it would be that the facilities weren't as readily available but I believe it could be during off-time (there weren't many golfers). I'd recommend stocking up on drinks/snacks as you go out because you may not get a snack shack or snack cart.

The best part of the golf I felt was the caddie that I had. Martin (pronounced Martine) was great, he really took the time to learn my swing tendencies and understood my distances quickly where he would just give me the right clubs and 99% of the time he was bang on (assuming I hit it right). He wasn't like some other caddies I've had who were more overbearing with advice. Definitely did his best to make the golf experience as comfortable as possible. If you do go, I'd recommend asking for him if he's working!

1 Thank aknguyen
Mpls, Mn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Challenging”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Got to play 45 holes. Tremendous variety of hole layouts to challenge all handicaps. Went during dry season, will need to come back when it has rained and the course is lusher. Staff is very friendly and caddies are very helpful.