“Great course, people and caddies”

El Cid Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the heart of the Golden Zone of Mazatlan, El Cid Golf & Country Club is the perfect option for an afternoon of indulgence or outdoor action. Offering exclusive, outstanding golf and tennis amenities and services, this private club features a 27-hole Championship style golf course designed by Lee Trevino that hosts international and national annual tournaments; nine tennis courts facilities, a full service Spa & Salon, a fitness center and an outdoor lap pool. In addition to these sporting facilities, visitors may also enjoy wonderful, exquisite meals at the club house. Whether you are in a mood for deliciously cooked grilled steaks or sushi specialties, El Cid Country Club offers first class services for a relaxing day experience.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I spent a week at the Marina El Cid during the 8th to the 15th of Aug. and golfed at the El CID country club 5 days and it was very nice. It was Hot, but the love of golf kept me and my son in law going back. That is the reason we had gone to Mazatlan. The cardie we had was fantastic! His name was Sergio Espinoza and has been working there for over 20 years. He knows the course and is very funny and speaks very good English. I will ask for him the next time I go back there. I learned one thing from him and that was to listen to him when he says that the put will break a certain direction. I didn't always think he knew but he did,lol.
The pro there is very nice and from what I have heard is well liked by all. He greeted us with many smiles when we met in the morning before teeing off. What a great person.
I want to thank Jorge Franssen for comping me the last day I golfed with a cart. He has offered some free golf certificates for my mens club back in Arizona.
All in all our experience was excellent at the resort was very good. We had free transportation to and from the course and our hotel.
Thank you very much for a great trip for my son in laws first trip to El CID in Mazatlan. He ate his weight in shrimp. We will return.

2  Thank roadmanretired
There are newer reviews for El Cid Golf & Country Club

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My brother said it was a fantastic beautiful golf course.

1  Thank Sunday603
Reviewed May 27, 2012

As a member of a golf course community, I like to attest to the importance of maintenance, placement of homes and quality of staff. Some people have written about the maintenance. I would remind anyone playing in a desert environment that (especially during the dry season), keeping a course maintained with ample green space and grass is difficult. I love this course. I play at least three games every time I go and I wish I could play more. If I were an owner there, I'd be worried about golfers like me who hit the occasional errant shot (lol) because it might break a window. The staff is great. The caddies are like pros, offering solid golfing lessons to those willing to listen.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Liked the caddies & caddy master. The course could use some improvements. The places that I hit my ball could use more grass! Overall, very fun experience!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is not a true championship golf course. It's maintenance is far below the standards of U.S. private golf courses. The course is very tight and challenging.

One of my criticisms is of the staff who seemed untrained in golf. They don't know when to stop moving, be quiet or point to your ball in the rough. The course sees a lot of hackers as it is the most convenient course for tourists, so you see constant rules violations and course damage due to golf cart traffic (including driving over greens and tees), divots, etc. I have never seen a course Marshall.